《别对我撒谎》精讲03 别对老爸撒谎(在线收听

Lightman: Hello, love. How's it going at your mum's?

你好,亲爱的。在你妈妈那儿待得开心不?

Emily: Okay, I guess. I mean, you know how mum is.

凑和吧。你也知道我妈那人。

She needs to know everything I'm doing every second.

我每秒钟做些什么,她都得知道。

Bloody intrusive, isn't it?

好烦人啊,是不是?

Lightman: What are you doing this very second?

那你这秒在干什么呢?

Emily: Dad.

老爸。

Lightman: Well, you still need a lift later?

一会儿还要我送你吗?

Emily: Uh, no, um, actually I've got a big chem. test on Friday.

不用了,其实我周五有化学考试。

I... I'm gonna sleep over at Katie's house.

我…我今晚睡Katie家

Lightman: You sure about that?

确定吗?

Emily: Yeah.

是的

Lightman: All right, love you.

好吧,我爱你。

Emily: love You, too.

我也爱你。

Lightman: You heard that, right?

你也听到了吧?

Word repetition and her vocal pitch went up when she was talking about staying Katie's.

词语重复,并且说到住在Katie家时音调升高。

Foster: I’m sure it was nothing.

那没什么的。

Lightman: Well, what did you hear then?

那你听到了些什么?

Foster: I heard a typical teenager in the process of forming her selfidentity.

我听到一个正在形成自我个性的典型少年。

Lightman: That's psychobabble, that is.

什么乱七八糟的。

She was lying.

她在说谎。

Foster: Emily needs to have her own secrets. That's not the same thing as lying.

Emily 也有自己的隐私,那跟撒谎不一样。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/bdwshjj/524762.html