《丑女贝蒂》精讲 53这不是亡羊补牢的时候了(在线收听

Wilhelmina:Betty's neighbor stole the book. This must be my lucky day.

Betty的邻居偷了样刊。今天肯定是我的幸运日。

Amanda:Vampira told me to let you know they're still waiting for your notes from the book.

Vampira让我告诉你,他们还在等你对那本书提出自己的看法。

Daniel:Uh, uh, just tell them I'm—— I'm still going over it. I, uh, I ran out of post-its, okay?

呃,呃,告诉他们我——我还在整理。我,呃,我的便条用完了,好么?

Yeah. Oh, and, uh, call Betty again. Find out where the hell she—

哦,再给Betty打个电话。问问她究竟——

Okay! I'm not seeing the book in your hands. Why is that?

太好了!怎么没见你拿书?怎么回事?

Betty:Because Gina Gambarro has it.

因为被Gina Gambarro拿走了。

Daniel:Gambarro? Gambarro. Is that a-a new designer?

Gambarro?Gambarro。是那个新来的设计师?

Betty:No, it's an old slut. She broke into my house, and she took it, and now she's holding it in ransom—

不,是个老婊子,她闯进了我家偷走了书,现在她以此勒索——

Daniel:What? W-w-wait. You told me you had the book. You said you were looking at it.

什么?等——等等。你说书在你手上的,你说你正在看。

Betty:Yeah, I lied...or I twisted the truth to try to buy some time and fix it.

是啊,我撒谎了…或者说我是歪曲事实,省情度势想争取点时间来解决它。

Daniel:Betty, you don't lie to me, ever. We're on the same team.

Betty,你怎么可以对我撒谎。我们是一条船上的。

I mean, we cannot afford to have those unretouched Natalie proofs out there in any way, shape or form, and I-I cannot tell you how royally it screwed with her and this entire magazine could be.

无论如何,不能让Natalie的原始照片样张以任何形式流传出去,否则不管对她还是对整个杂志后果都不堪设想。

Betty:Because there are pictures of what she actually looks like?

就因为里面有张她真实样貌的照片?

Daniel:Exactly. How much does this Gina want?

没错。Gina想要多少钱?

Betty:$4,000.00 .Daniel, I-I will pay you back with interest, or you can take it out of my check for the next five years. I'm so sorry.

4000美元。Daniel,我会连本带利一起还你,或者在我未来五年的工资里扣。我真的很抱歉。

Daniel:Okay, stop, uh... we're gonna deal with this later.

好了,别说了…这个我们稍候再说。

Get my checkbook out of my top drawer and meet me downstairs. We're going to Queens.

从最上面的抽屉里拿支票本给我,我在楼下等你。咱们到皇后区去。

Betty:Daniel, they're all waiting for you.

Daniel,他们都在等你。

Daniel: Oh, right.

哦,对。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnbdjj/525113.html