《丑女贝蒂》精讲 59好色之徒面对现实吧(在线收听

Driver: Where to, Mr. Meade?

Meade先生,去哪?

Daniel: Can you just drive around for a little bit? You know, I could say I was mugged.

就在这附近转几圈好吗?知道吗,我可以说我被人抢劫了。

You could get my golf club. You could hit me across the face. Break my nose.

你可以拿我的高尔夫棒朝我脸上挥一棒,打破我的鼻子。

Betty: Daniel, there are a lot of things I'm willing to do for this job. That is not one of them.

Daniel,我可以为我的工作做很多事情,但这件事不在我工作范围内。

Plus, how are you gonna explain being in Queens, anyway?

再说你怎么解释你来了皇后区呢?

Daniel: Betty, my father could fire me over this.

Betty,我爸爸会因此炒了我。

Maybe I should just have them take me to J.F.K., get a one-way ticket to Paris.

也许我该让他们载我去J.F.K.机场,买张去巴黎的单程票。

No, Rio. It's cheaper, women are much hotter... I could get a little place in Ipanema.

不,去里约热内卢。便宜些,女人更性感…在伊帕尼玛找个小地方。

Betty: And then what?

然后呢?

Daniel: I don't know. Drink, Party? As long as I escape the pressure of ting to be something I am clearly not.

不知道。喝酒,聚会?只要能摆脱压力做回我自己。

Betty: Daniel, if I can suggest... instead of trying to escape this or spin it, why don't you just tell the truth?

Daniel,我的建议是…与其逃避或编故事,为什么不直接说出真相呢?

Or you can just blame me. I don't mind being your fall girl——guy——person. Whatever.

或者指责我。我不介意做你的替罪羔羊、背黑锅。随便什么。

If you could just twist the truth one last time and give me a good recommendation, I'd really appreciate it.

要是你能再“省情度势”一次,给我写封推荐信,我会感激不尽。

Daniel: Driver, take us back to the Meade building.

司机,开车回Meade大厦。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnbdjj/525119.html