《特别响,非常近》精讲 24你的父母会给你感到骄傲吗?(在线收听

I'd written a letter to the people I'd met.

我给所有我拜访过的人写了一封信

Dear Mister or Missus or Miss,

亲爱的先生 女士 小姐

or Abby or Hazelle or Tommy or Elaine,

艾比 何泽尔 汤米 伊莱恩

or anybody I'd met whose last name is Black.

所有我见过的姓布莱克的人

You might remember me.

你们也许还记得我

My name is Oskar Schell.

我叫奥斯卡·谢尔

I came to visit you to see if you could help me find the lock,

我之前拜访过你们 想在你们的帮助下找到一把锁

that fit the key I thought my father had left me.

我原以为钥匙是父亲特意留给我的

Most of you were very helpful and nice to me.

大多数人都帮助了我 而且很友好

I want to thank you for that.

谢谢你们所做的

And I want to thank you for the horse ride you gave me,

谢谢你让我骑马

and for Taylor's picture of me and my key.

还有泰勒画的我和钥匙

You might want to know, the key wasn't meant for me.

你们也许应该知道 钥匙其实不属于我

It was meant for a Mr. William Black,

是属于威廉·布莱克的

who maybe needed it even more than I did.

他可能比我更需要

I was disappointed, obviously,

当然 我很失望

but I'm honestly glad that it's where it belongs.

但我也由衷的高兴 它找到了归属的人

And I'm even glad to have my disappointment,

我甚至很高兴我有失望

which is much better than having nothing.

总比什么都没有好

My dad told me that New York,

我爸爸曾告诉我

once had a Sixth Borough that floated away.

纽约曾经有个第六区 但是飘走了

They tried to save it, but they couldn't,

他们尝试拯救 但无能为力

and it's never coming back.

它就这样消失了

As much as I want him to...

虽然我非常想念爸爸

my dad is never coming back.

但他永远回不来了

And I thought I couldn't live without him, but now I know I can.

我以为没有他我活不下去 现在知道 原来我可以

I think that would make my dad proud.

爸爸会因此为我骄傲的

which is all I ever wanted.

这也是我最想得到的

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tbxfcjjj/525268.html