《时空恋旅人》精讲 02什么?我有超能力(在线收听

And so I woke up the next morning,hung-over,ashamed of myself,

第二天醒来,宿醉难受,自惭形愧…

and not realising it was the day that would change my life forever。

并没意识到那天会永远改变我的生活

Get up,stupid.

起来,傻瓜

Dad wants you.

老爸叫你

Hello. Sexy pyjamas.

哦,哈喽,好性感的睡衣

Tim,come in.

啊,蒂姆,进来

Sit down.

坐吧

That's very formal.

这也太正式了

Well,um,yeah.

好吧,是的

This is an odd moment for me

我也感觉很别扭…

because I had the same moment with my father when I'd just turned 21,and after it,

因为我刚21岁的时候我老爸也跟我这么谈过,在那之后…

my life was never the same, so I approach it pretty, um, nervously.

我的生活就改变了,所以我颇为神经质

Okay.

好吧

When you're ready.It's all very mysterious.

如果你准备好了,那会很神秘

Right.

是的

Tim,my dear son,the...

蒂姆,我亲爱的儿子…

The simple fact is the men in this family have always had the ability to...

说得简单些就是,我们家的男人都有一种超能力…

This is going to sound strange,

这可能听起来有些怪…

be prepared for strangeness. Get ready for spooky time,

为稀奇古怪、恐怖时刻做好准备…

but there's this family secret.

但这就是我们家的秘密

And the secret is that the men in the family can

这个秘密就是我们家的男人可以…

travel in time.

穿越时空

Well, more accurately,travel back in time. We can't travel into the future.

说得准确些就是我们可以穿越过去,不能穿越未来

This is such a weird joke.

真是个不可思议的笑话

It's seriously not a joke.

这真不是个笑话

So you're saying that you and granddad, and his brothers

你是说你和爷爷…

could all travel back in time? Absolutely.

以及他的兄弟们都能穿越回到过去? 说的没错

And you still do? Absolutely.

你现在还能? 是的

Although it's not as dramatic as it sounds. It's only in my own life.

尽管没有那么戏剧性,这只存在我自己的生活中

I can only go to places where I actually was and can remember.

我只能回到我亲身经历过和记住的地方

I can't kill Hitler or shag Helen of Troy, unfortunately.

可惜的是,我不能杀掉希特勒或是跟特洛伊的海伦上床

Okay, stop.

好了,停

if it's true, which it isn't. Although it is.

- 如果这都是真的,还有什么是假的

Although it isn't, obviously. But if it was, which it's not. Which it is.

尽管这明显不是真的,即使以前是,现在也不可能

Which it isn't. But if it was, how would I...

- 现在还是 - 不可能,如果是真的,那我怎

The "How" is the easy bit,in fact.

其实这很简单

You go into a dark place, big cupboards are very useful generally. Toilets, at a pinch.

你进去一个黑暗的地方,一般来说大的柜橱最实用,必要时厕所也行

Then you clench your fists like this.

然后像这样握紧你的拳头

Think of the moment you're going to and you'll find yourself there.

想象自己要回去的那个时刻,你就 会发现自己置身其中了

After a bit of a stumble and a rumble and a tumble.

一番跌跌撞撞之后

Wow.

哇哦

Is as good a reaction as any.

不过这是不错的反应

I think I plumped for "fuck!" but it was the '70s.

我确定我是想去爽一把,但却是 七十年代

No, this is so obviously a joke. It's not a joke.

不,这绝对是个玩笑 这不是玩笑

Why would I lie to someone I'm

我干嘛要骗…

fairly fond of? Okay.

…我喜欢的人? 好吧

But, when I come back downstairs after standing in a cupboard with my fists clenched,

但是,当我站在衣橱里紧握拳头再回到楼下时…

you're gonna be in so much trouble.

你会有很大麻烦

Well,let's see,shall we?

我们来瞧瞧好吗?

And,Tim,try and do something interesting.

哦,还有,蒂姆,试着做些有趣的事

So much trouble.

真麻烦

I mean it.Really.

我是说真的

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/skllrjj/525343.html