奥巴马每周电视讲话:美国总统奥巴马告别演讲(14)(在线收听

Because of the extraordinary courage of our men and women in uniform, because of our intelligence officers, and law enforcement, and diplomats who support our troops,

由于军人们的勇气和情报人员、执法力量和外交官们给予他们的支持,

no foreign terrorist organization has successfully planned and executed an attack on our homeland these past eight years.

在过去的八年,没有任何一个国外恐怖组织得以在我们的领土策划或实施恐怖袭击。

And although Boston and Orlando and San Bernardino and Fort Hood remind us of how dangerous radicalization can be,

尽管在波士顿(译者注:2013年4月15日,波士顿马拉松比赛发生爆炸案造成3人死亡,嫌犯曾表示捍卫伊斯兰教的决心)、奥兰多(译者注:2016年6月12日,响应伊斯兰圣战号召的嫌犯在奥兰多同性恋酒吧发起枪击,造成50人死亡)、圣贝纳迪诺郡(译者注:2015年12月2日,加州圣贝纳迪诺郡发生枪击案,造成14人死亡,行凶者曾宣誓效忠伊斯兰国首领)和胡德堡(译者注:2009年11月5日,美国陆军胡德堡基地发生圣战分子大规模枪击案,造成13人死亡)发生的悲剧使我们意识到极端主义有多危险,

our law enforcement agencies are more effective and vigilant than ever.

但我们的执法部门也自此变得更加高效、警惕。

We have taken out tens of thousands of terrorists, including bin Laden.

我们清除了成千上万的恐怖主义者,其中包括本拉登。

The global coalition we're leading against ISIL has taken out their leaders, and taken away about half their territory.

我们领导的反伊斯兰国全球联盟除掉了他们的首领,他们侵占的土地我们夺取了大约一半。

ISIL will be destroyed, and no one who threatens America will ever be safe.

伊斯兰国终将被击毁,从没有哪个对美国造成威胁的人是安全的。

And to all who serve or have served, it has been the honor of my lifetime to be your Commander-in-Chief.

对于保卫或曾经保卫我们的国家的人,我想对你们说,担任你们的总司令是我一生的光荣。

And we all owe you a deep debt of gratitude.

我们每个人都应该向你们表示最真挚的谢意。

But protecting our way of life, that's not just the job of our military.

但是维护我们的生活方式仅靠军事力量是不够的。

Democracy can buckle when we give in to fear.

如果我们屈服于恐惧,民主就会变质。

So, just as we, as citizens, must remain vigilant against external aggression,

因此作为美国公民的我们应该保持对外来侵犯的警觉,

we must guard against a weakening of the values that make us who we are.

应该捍卫那些决定我们是谁的价值观。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/obamadsjh/525376.html