《丑女贝蒂》精讲 86别期望我屈就道歉(在线收听

Cal:Now I realize that the three of us have not always been the best of friends.

现在我意识到我们三个人不能继续做挚友了

Wilhelmina: Well, I suppose I shouldn't have tried to blackmail Claire.

我可能的确不应该要挟克莱尔

But in my defense, it's hardly the worst thing I've done to the woman.

但是站在我的角度 这绝对不是我对女人做过的最坏的事情

Though she really is less of a woman at this point

虽然她也算不上真正的女人

That something you use to scare crows or children.

鉴于你可以用她去吓跑乌鸦或者小孩

Cal:Uh, there's something we need to tell you, Wilhelmina.

我们需要谈谈 威廉敏娜

Claire:But you're not making it any easier.

但你也不会好过

Wilhelmina:Enough with the dramatic windups.

这样的开场白已经够了

I know you want to fire me, so go ahead and do it.

我知道你们想解雇我 直说就好了

But if you expect me to grovel or apologize,

但如果你希望我屈就道歉

I think you ought to know by now,you're talking to the wrong woman.

我想你应该知道你找错人了

Good luck. Finding someone else that can do what I do.

祝你好运 找个能胜任我这份工作的人

Cal:Claire?

克莱尔

Claire:We want you to stay.

我们想让你留下

Wilhelmina:I'm sorry. All those face-lifts must have affected your speech.

你们说什么 你做了整形之后 说话都不清楚了

What did you say?

你说什么了

Claire:We want you to stay on as editor-in-chief of "Mode," reporting to me, of course.

我们想让你继续当《风尚》的主编 当然 要向我汇报工作

You seem surprised, yet your eyebrows haven't moved at all.

你看上去很惊讶 但你的眉毛并没有上扬啊

Wilhelmina:Well, this is unexpected.

这确实出乎我的意料

Claire:You were right.

你是对的

It was very hard to find someone who can do what you do.

很难找到人能胜任你的工作

Wilhelmina:Well, I'm sorry for the insults, Claire. You know old habits.

对不起 冒犯你了 克莱尔你知道的 老习惯了

Claire: Of course, and for what it's worth, I had a really good one for you about v.d.

当然 这是值得的我有个很好的整形所要介绍给你

Wilhelmina: You'll have to tell me sometime.

下次你得好好跟我聊聊

Claire: I look forward to it.

期待不已

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnbdjj/525526.html