《K歌情人》精讲 11阴影笼罩下的生活(在线收听

This is good. This is good.

很好,很好。

When you hit a wall, you gotta change the subject.

当思路卡壳的时候,就要换个思路。

So why did PoP break up?

为什么POP乐队解散了呢?

I mean, Rhonda told me that you guys were friends growing up?

Rhonda告诉我你们是一起长大的朋友。

We were, yes, and then Colin met a new manager who convinced him he was the star of the band.

对,我们是,之后Colin遇到了一位新的经纪人,那个经纪人说他是乐队的明星。

Shortly after, he left, taking the last three songs we'd written together and putting them on his soloalbum which went on to sell eight million records.

不久他就离开了,带走了我们最后一起写的三首歌,然后把它们录进了自己的个人专辑,后来卖了八百万张。

But how did you deal with that?

但你是怎么处理的呢?

Oh, with drugs, alcohol and ultimately, my own solo album.

噢,毒品、酒精,最后我自己的个人专辑。

Cool.

This copy has been in the racks for six years.

这张已经在架子上摆了6年了。

Come on.

算了吧。

No, no. I check every week.

不不我每周都看。

You see, I made a little mark, there on the back. See?

你看,我做了记号,在这后面,看到了吗?

It sold only 50,000 copies, most of those to my mother.

只卖了5万张,大多还是我老妈买的。

Rolling Stone called it ...not even good enough...

滚石把它称作是"劳民伤财的作品...

Well, I'm sure there were other reviews.

可是肯定还有其他评论的。

There were, there were. But none as good as that one.

有确实是有但这是最好的了。

And they were right, by the way. Yeah.

而且他们说的没错。

To cut a long story short, I gave up trying to write lost an incredible amount of money and then myapartment.

长话短说我后来放弃了写歌,先后失去了大笔的钱和我的公寓。

Chris stuck by me, booked me an '80s reunion night on Long Island.

Chris很为我难过,让我去了长岛的80年代重聚夜。

And suddenly, they liked me again.

突然间人们又开始喜欢我了。

It was weird. It was like I'd never been away.

很奇怪,就像我从来都没消失过一样。

The audience was a tad older, as was I but we were very, very profoundly happy to see each otheragain.

歌迷都有点老了,像我但是我们因为能再见到对方都非常非常快乐。

And it went on from there.

从那开始。

Cruises. Reunions. Knott's Berry Farm, which I'm sure you're familiar with.

周游,重聚,我肯定你对Knott的浆果农场很熟悉。

Busch Gardens, that's one of my big fixtures of the year.

Knott花园是我每年最大的收入。

What else can I tell you?

还有什么可以告诉你的?

I really appreciate you opening up to me like this.

我真的很高兴你能对我如此坦诚。

I know what it's like to live with a shadow overhead.

我知道在阴影笼罩下的生活是什么样的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kgqrjj/525904.html