《永远的北极熊》精讲 06(在线收听

How's the job?

工作的怎么样

Oh, the job.

噢 那份工作

I can't believe I'm doing this.

真不敢相信 我在做这种工作

Oh. Oh! Forgot the laundry. We'll get it!

噢 噢 你们忘了洗衣服 我们懂了

Faithie! And creamy spinach. I just love spinach.

费瑟 还有奶油菠菜 我好喜欢菠菜

Creamy little things are good.

只要是奶油都很棒

Hi. Hi.

嗨 嗨

You guys go to Lincoln?

你们要去林肯

No. We go to Peabody.

没有 我们要去皮博迪

Peabody's the best public school in our city.

皮博迪是我们市里最好的学校

We are not in the Peabody School district.

我们不在皮博迪学区范围内

If you live here, you're supposed to go to Lincoln,

如果你住在这 就应该去林肯

a school that is totally, 100% terrible.

而那里的学校 百分百烂

Unless you like getting your 'A' kicked by Irish kids.

除非你喜欢被爱尔兰小孩踢屁股

I don't want to get my 'A' kicked.

我不想被踢屁股

Honey, nobody does. Well, we go to Peabody.

宝贝 没人喜欢 那 我们去皮博迪吧

You don't get it. What you're doing is illegal.

你们不明白 你们的行为是非法的

And it's not fair. It's not at all fair.

这不公平 完全不公平

You guys are gonna go to jail. 'Bye!

你们要去坐牢的 拜

What if somebody asks me where I live? I don't want to lie.

如果有人问我我住在哪呢 我不想撒谎

Amelia, Peabody's the best public school in the city.

艾米丽娅 皮博迪是城里 最好的公立学校

I don't care. I don't want to lie.

我不在乎 我不想撒谎

You're not lying, sweetheart. Mommy's lying.

你没有撒谎 宝贝 是妈妈在撒谎

I don't want to go to Lincoln! They said we'll get beat up.

我不想去林根 他们说我们会挨揍

Don't worry about that. I'm gonna teach you how to fight.

不用担心 我会教你怎么打架

What if my teacher finds out I'm lying?

如果我的老师发现我撒谎了呢

Miss Hendricks loves you. You're her best student.

亨德里克小姐很喜欢你 你是她最得意的学生

They said we're gonna get our 'A' kicked by Irish kids!

他们说我们会被 爱尔兰小孩踢屁股

You're not gonna get... Who said that?

你不会...谁说的

You'll be kicking 'A'!

你才是老大

If you wanted us to go to the Peabody School so bad,

既然你这么想让 我们去皮博迪学校

why didn't we move into the Peabody School district?

那我们为什么 不搬去皮博迪学区

Amelia, because we cannot afford it.

艾米丽娅 因为我们没那么多钱

We are lucky we got a rentcontrolled apartment.

我们能申请到 廉租房已经很幸运了

But Daddy's family is so rich! Yes, but we have no money!

但是爸爸家那么有钱 对 但我们没钱

I send my resume out every day and I get nothing.

我每天都在投递简历 却什么回应都没有

I've just spent my last $12.

我刚花光了我最后的12美元

You girls want to be poor and have a bad education?

你们想变成穷人 受最烂的教育吗

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yydbjxjj/526242.html