《永远的北极熊》精讲 32(在线收听

Hello? Guess what I just did.

喂 你猜我做了什么

Cam. Honey, it's 5:00 in the morning.

卡姆 亲爱的 现在是凌晨五点

I just made your daughter the most incredible skirt.

我给你女儿做了一条 令人惊叹的裙子

Sparkles, ruffles. Beautiful. That's terrific.

闪闪发光 还有花边 太美了 那太好了

But you probably should get some sleep.

但你也许该去睡睡觉

But I'm not tired, darling.

但是我不困 亲爱的

Cam?

卡姆

Maggie, name one other father in America who's up right now

玛姬 现在这时候美国 还有哪个父亲醒着

sewing a flamenco skirt for their daughter.

正为他的女儿 做弗朗明哥的舞蹈服

Are you taking your lithium?

你吃药了吗

Actually, I haven't taken my lithium since you left.

其实 自从你离开后 我就没再吃药了

I find that if I take small, steady sips of beer all day,

我发现只要我每天 固定喝一丁点儿啤酒

I stay on an even keel.

我就会很稳定

Hello?

Well? Well? What do you think?

好吗 好吗 你觉得怎么样

It's the most glorious skirt I've ever known.

这是我见过的最美的裙子

Ah! There you go. You look like a... a flamenco mermaid.

就是这样 你就像一个 跳着弗朗明哥的美人鱼

I love you, Daddy.

我爱你 爸爸

Hi.

Listen to me. What?

听我说 什么

It's just not healthy.

这样不健康

You promised you would take your lithium, Cam.

你保证过你会吃药的 卡姆

Yes, and you promised that you'd love me forever.

是的 你也保证过会永远爱我

Better or for worse. Excuse me, sir.

不管好坏 打搅一下 先生

But our dress code requires that you wear a tie.

但是我们的着装要求 需要你打领带

I'd like to say one thing about lithium, if you don't mind.

如果你不介意 我对于那药有话要说

Nobody even knows if it works

没人知道它们是否有效

or what the longterm effects are on one's body.

或者它们对人的长期效应

The same goes for Haldol, Thorazine and valproic acid

同样的情况适用于氟哌啶醇 氯丙嗪和丙戊酸

and all the rest of their socalled treatments.

以及所有它们 称为治疗手段的东西

I am nothing more than a guinea pig.

我就像个小白鼠一样

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yydbjxjj/526268.html