《绝望的主妇》精讲438(在线收听

Nice suit.

不错嘛。

Just hear me out. I was gonna take it back, I swear

听我说完。我正要收回,我发誓。

But?

但是?

But then I started thinking about it, and you know what?

但是我开始想,你知道么?

I'll be damned if I'm gonna pitch to a roomful of people who are all wearing Armani and Vera Wang,

如果我向满屋子的人扔过去我将被诅咒,那些只穿Armani和Vera Wang的人。

while I'm standing there with two-year-old breast milk crusted on my lapel.

在我带着两年的母奶站在那,在我的翻领上结了壳。

Lynette...

Lynette...

And you know what else? I kicked ass in that meeting because of this suit.

还有你知道么?我因为这衣服在会上被整了。

It is a suit. Why are you so obsessed with it?

Lynette,这只是件衣服。你干吗为了它如此困扰?

You can't explain obsession, Tom. It just is.

你解释不了迷恋,Tom。它...就是。

No, we are parents. We can't afford the luxury of obsessions.

不,我们是父母。我们承受不了太多的困扰。

See? That's where I think we have been making a terrible, terrible mistake.

看到了吧?那就是我觉得我们在哪犯了个严重的,严重的错误。

What is this?

这是什么?

Sometimes we just need to get something that makes us happy.

有时我们只是需要一些东西让我们开心。

I know that sounds selfish, but I've been thinking.

我知道这听起来有点自私,但是我一直在想。

It might make us better people and maybe even better parents.

这可能会让我我们变成更好的人,也许更好的父母。

No. No. Lynette. No. This is wrong.

不,不,Lynette,不。错了。

Carbon...fiber...shafts.

碳素... 光纤... 杆子

Wow. I feel like a better parent already. Oh, yeah!

我已经觉得是好父母了。哦,是啊。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/526459.html