《绝望的主妇》精讲449(在线收听

Bree, it's still too easy to breathe. You've gotta make it tighter.

不,Bree,它还是太松了,你得把它弄得再紧点。

Gaby, if I make it any tighter, you won't be able to sit down.

Gaby,如果再紧点,你就没法坐下了。

I don't care. I can't have these girls thinking I'm pregnant.

我没关系。我不能让这些女孩们知道我怀孕了。

Do you actually think they're gonna make fun of you?

你真的认为她们会嘲笑你?

Trust me. They're merciless.

相信我,她们很无情。

But why? I mean, surely they have friends who have children.

可是,为什么?我的意思是她们也有朋友作妈妈了啊。

When I decided to marry Carlos,

当我决定嫁给Carlos的时候,

I told these girls I would spend the rest of my days being rich and in love and childless,

我告诉这些女孩们,我的下半辈子将会是富有、充满爱和没有孩子的。

and they laughed at me, and they said I would just end up being another fat hausfrau living a life that I didn't plan.

那时,她们取笑我,她们说我最终将变成一个肥胖的主妇过着我所不期望的生活

I'm not gonna give them the satisfaction of knowing they were right.

我不想让他们称心,被她们说中。

Well, maybe they'll just be happy for you.

也许她们只是替你感到开心。

Bree, my friends are models. They're never happy for anyone.

Bree,我的朋友都是模特。她们从不为任何人感到开心。

Do you ever think you might like it?

你有没有想过也许你会喜欢?

What?

喜欢什么?

Motherhood.

做一个母亲。

No.

不。

Oh, come on. You don't think you're gonna love your own baby?

哦,别这样。你就没想过你会喜欢你孩子?

Well, I'm not saying I'm not gonna grow attached to the little bugger.

我不是说我对小家伙没感情。

I just don't have the motherhood gene. I wish I did, but I don't. What?

我就是没有母性基因。我很希望有,可惜。笑什么?

Well, I'm just smiling because I think a few months from now you are gonna come to me

我只是在笑,也许几个月后你会跑来跟我说,

and tell me how madly in love you are with your new little baby,

你疯狂的喜欢上了你的小宝贝,

and I'm gonna have to resist the urge to say 'I told you so.'

而我必须抵制住自己情绪对你说“我早就料到了”。

Maybe, but I doubt it.

有可能,但我很怀疑。

There you go. All done.

可以了,完成。

Ah. How do I look?

看上去如何?

Positively glowing.

光彩照人。

Bree.

Bree...

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/526470.html