《绝望的主妇》精讲454(在线收听

Hi, babe.

嘿,宝贝。

I'm home. Could you come here a sec?

我回来了。能过来会吗?

Sure. What's up?

可以,怎么了?

Block me, come on!

拦住我,来啊!

Damn, they must have snuck out again.

该死,他们又溜出来了。

Again? How often does this happen?

又出来了?经常发生吗?

Boys, get in here now! Honey, you know how slippery they are. It's like trying to herd cats.

孩子们,快进来。宝贝,你知道他们多机灵。就像是赶猫一样。

Tom, it's nine o’clock at night.

Tom,已经晚上9点了。

Guys, upstairs now. Let's go. Into pj’s, into bed. Honey, they're fine. You just, you worry too much.

孩子们,上楼,快。上床去。亲爱的,他们没事,你太担心了。

And for good reason. Someone could have driven off with them, and you wouldn't have even noticed.

是有原因的。他们可能被拐走,而你根本就不会发现。

They were in the front yard. God, when I was their age, I used to hop on my bike, disappear for hours. My mom never batted an eye.

他们就在门口,当我像他们那个年纪的时候,我曾经骑车好几个小时不回家,我妈妈根本不管我。

Yeah, well, that was a different time. You have to be more vigilant. There was a break-in on this street.

是啊,时代不同啊。你必须要警惕,这条街上发生过闯入事件。

I was at the neighborhood watch meeting, remember?

邻里联防会我也出席了,记得吗?

I'm sorry. I've been doing this for seven years. Trust me. You have to have eyes in the back of your head

对不起,我照顾他们已经7年了,相信我,你要多看着他们,多个心眼。

The two in front work just fine, thanks.

那两个在门口玩的很好,谢谢。

Really?

是吗?

Mm-hmm.

呣呣。

Where's Penny?

Penny在哪?

See? Right where I left her.

看到了吗?就在我把她放在的地方。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/526475.html