《绝望的主妇》精讲455(在线收听

How did this get in the paper?

这个怎么会在报纸上?

I, I was going to call you.

我打算告诉你的。

We discussed this. We agreed to go slowly.

我们讨论过这个,我们要从长计议。

I, I was going to call and cancel after our talk, but things just got so hectic, I, I forgot.

我们谈过后,我就想取消这个,但事情很多,我就忘了。

Rex has only been dead for seven weeks.

Rex过世才7个星期。

So?

所以?

So, I don't want every woman in this town talking about me behind my back.

所以我不想这个镇上每个女人都在我背后说闲话。

I'm sorry, but isn't the damage done?

我很抱歉。没造成什么损害吧?

Well, fortunately, people only read the announcements when there's nothing in the front page,

幸运的是,只有头版什么都没有时人们才会去看公告。

and the headline today was about some catastrophic flood in Sri Lanka.

今天的头条是关于斯里兰卡的水灾。

Oh, so we lucked out.

哦,这么说我们运气好极了。

Yes, we did. Now, when the time comes to go public with our relationship,

是的,我们确实是,当你要把我们的关系公开的时候,

I need you to discuss it with me first. I'm the bride, after all. It's only appropriate.

我需要你先和我商量一下。毕竟,我是新娘。那样才合适。

Okay. I will need you to wear that ring, though.

好吧,尽管如此我还是需要你戴上戒指。

The ring?

戒指?

You're not wearing it. Where is it?

你没戴,戒指在哪?

It's in my purse.

在我的手袋里。

Oh, good. Please put it on.

哦,太棒了。请你戴上。

But if people see it...

但如果有人看到的话...。

They'll assume that you're wearing your wedding ring.

他们都会认为你是带着你的结婚戒指。

Maybe, but why risk it?

可能,但为什么要冒这个险呢?

Because a ring tells would-be suitors a woman is spoken for. A naked hand invites unwanted attention.

因为戒指代表一个女人已经有了求婚者,而光秃秃的手指会带来不必要的关注

Here. Let me.

过来,让我来。

Will that be all, Mrs. Van de Kamp?

呃,就这些了吗?Van de Camp夫人?

Uh, yes, I think so, Mr. Williams.

呃,是的,我想是的。Williams先生。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/526476.html