《绝望的主妇》精讲517(在线收听

The guest bedroom on the second floor of the Applewhite house had the best view in all of Wisteria Lane.

在整条紫藤街上属Applewhite家二楼客房的视野最好。

From its windows, one could see from Mike Delfino's house on end of the street all the way to the old Huber place on the other.

从那里的窗户,一个人可以看到Mike Delfino的家在街这一端尽头,一直到Huber的住所在另一端。

But unfortunately for the room's newest guest......the view was about to change. Dramatically.

但不幸的是,对这里的新房客来说……他看到的风景将大不如前。

What on earth is he doing out?

他在这里干什么?

Caleb, go up to your room. Mom and I gonna have a talk now.

Matthew,回你房间去。妈和我要谈谈。

His room? Have your lost your mind?

他有房间?你疯了吗?

Relax, I've taped newspapers to the windows. People can't see in.

别激动,我把报纸粘在窗户上。人们看不到他。

Caleb, get back down here.

Caleb,给我下来。

No, no! We had a talk. It's fine. Heunderstands what's gonna happen if he's discovered.

不不,我们谈过了。他明白如果他被人发现会有什么后果。

For five seconds he understands and then he forgets. You know that.

五秒钟前他还记得,然后就忘了。你知道吗?

We can protect him without treating him like an animal.

我可以保护他,不用把他当动物般对待。

I am keeping him safe from the police,from the Fosters, from himself.

我在保护他,不受警察,姓Foster的,还有他自己的伤害。

He is not going back downstairs.

他不会再回地下室。

Since when do you talk to me like that?

从什么时候你开始对我这样讲话?

Since I share the risk.

从我一道分担风险。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/526960.html