《欲望都市》精讲 02他再也没有打给我(在线收听

One warm spring day, he took her to a town house he saw in the New York Times.

阳春三月的一天,他带她去看一所从《纽约时报》上看到的房子。

How about if we start at the top and work our way down?

我们从楼上开始参观好吗?

There are four bedrooms upstairs.

楼上有四间卧室。

Do you have any children?

你们有孩子吗?

Not yet.

目前还没有。

That day Tim popped the question.

那天,蒂姆终于问道:

Would you like to meet my folks Tuesday night?

你愿意星期二晚上见见我的家人吗?

I'd love to.

当然愿意。

On Tuesday he called with some bad news.

可是到了星期二,他打电话告诉了她一些坏消息。

My mother's not feeling very well.

我妈妈最近身体不太好。

Oh, gosh, I'm sorry.

哦,真是太遗憾了。

Can we take a rain check?

我们改天再说好吗?

Of course.

没问题。

Tell your mum I hope she feels better.

转告你妈妈,我希望她早日康复。

When she hadn't heard from him for two weeks, she called.

而之后的两个星期蒂姆却音讯全无。伊利莎白就打电话过去。

Tim, it's Elizabeth.

蒂姆,我是伊利莎白。

That's an awfully long rain check.

你这改天也改得太久了吧。

He said he was up to his ears and that he'd call the next day.

他说现在特别忙,第二天再打给她。

He never did call, of course, Bastard.

他再也没有打给我。这个混蛋。

She told me one day over coffee.

这是有一天喝咖啡时,她告诉我的故事。

I don't understand. in England, look-ing at houses together would have meant something.

我真不明白。在英国,两个人如果一起看了房子这就有重大的意义了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ywdsjj/527310.html