纪录片《狗狗秘闻》 27培育温顺狗的过程(在线收听

What this shows is that when you select

结论表明 在挑选的(实验对象)时候

against aggression,

除去那些攻击性强的个体

You get almost all the same suite of

再来把狗和狼的繁殖实验进行比较

changes that you see when you compare dogs to wolves.

可以看出它们几乎有着相同的变化

American anthropologist, professor Brian Hare

美国人类学家布莱恩·海尔教授

has visited the breeding programme in siberia.

参观了这个位于西伯利亚的繁殖项目

He believes it shows that if you select for tameness,

他相信 如果挑选那些温顺的个体

changes in appearance will naturally follow.

那么培育出的幼崽外表也会跟着变化

I think the surprise when thinking about dog origins is that

想到狗的起源 我觉得令人惊讶的是 

there's so many ways that dogs are different from wolves.

现在的狗和狼会有这么多的差异

So is it that you had to

那是不是说人们必须

select for each of these traits individually?

逐一筛选每一个特质呢

Well, the answer

然而 从狐狸繁殖的结论中

from the fox work is no.

可以得出答案是否定的

If you just select for behaviour,

如果你以行为特征作为筛选的条件

a lot of the morphological

那么很多狼和狗之间的不同形态

and physiological changes between wolves and dogs, get dragged along.

和生理特征也会随之改变

You end up with this crazy variance, you know

最终 你会看到它们令人惊讶的变化

floppy ears, curly tails, you know,

比如松软下垂的耳朵 弯曲的尾巴

all these other things that are really cute to talk about.

还有其他人们认为可爱的特征

So you get a lot of stuff

因此 人们会得到很多额外的特质

for free when you select against aggression.

而原因只是选择了不具攻击性的品种

It's enabled him to draw some

这让他对驯养过程的研究

surprising conclusions about the process of domestication.

得到了一些意外的收获

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpggmw/528358.html