《绝望的主妇》精讲582(在线收听

Hello there! I thought you and yourfriend might like some snacks.

你们好!我想你和你的朋友会想吃点点心。

He's my lawyer and this is privileged communication, so get out.

他是我的律师,这是私人谈话,所以请你出去。

Andrew, there's no need to be rude.

Andrew,没有必要那么粗鲁。

This is very kind of you, Mrs. Van de Kamp.

非常感谢,Van de Kamp太太。

Well, I'm still appalled that you're helping my son with this ridiculous emancipation scheme,

我仍然觉得很惊讶,你会帮助我的儿子进行这件荒谬的独立计划,

but you are a guest in my house and guests get sandwiches.

但是,你是我家的客人,客人应该享用三明治。

You know, if you'd let me go to his office, you wouldn't have to pretend to be nice to him.

你知道,如果你让我去他的办公室,你就不用假装对他友好。

Andrew, there may be a judge out there stupid enough to emancipate you,

Andrew,或许真有足够愚蠢的法官会让你独立,

but until you find him, I retain all my parental rights.

但是在你找到他之前,我保有所有父母的权利。

One of which is to ground your sorry behind until kingdom come.

其中一点就是,要你闭门思过。

Mr. Bormanis, nice to see you again, and,um, please don't get crumbs on my carpet.

Bormanis先生,很高兴再见到你,还有,嗯,别把碎屑弄再我的地毯上。

You have got to get me out of here. That bitch is driving me crazy.

你得想办法让我离开这里,那婊子都快让我疯了。

This case is not a slam dunk.

这件事没那么容易。

Her drinking was supposed to be our silver bullet, but since she joined AA...

她酗酒曾是我们的攻击点,但自从她加入了嗜酒者互诫协会…

"We've got to do something, because if she wins, she's going to own me.

我们得做些事情,因为如果她赢了,她就拥有我。

My advice? Convince her it's in her best interest to let you go.

听听我的建议?说服她让你走,是对她最有利的。

You don't want to see the inside of a courtroom.

你不想上法庭。

Why?

为什么?

In family court, appearance means everything.

在家事法庭上,外表决定了一切。

If she came off abusive or stoned or even uncaring, we'd be in good shape.

如果她表现出粗鲁、酗酒、或者甚至是冷漠的,我们会呈现出好的一面。

But if there's one thing your mom understands...

但如果你妈妈知道其中一点…

It's presentation.

她会做戏。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/528615.html