《绝望的主妇》精讲583(在线收听

Can I borrow fifty dollars?

能借我50块吗?

Purse.

钱包里。

Why do you want so much money?

你要这么多钱干吗?

I'm nineteen. Sometimes I need money. Do I have to be interrogated?

我19了,某些情况下我需要钱,我必须接受审问吗?

You do if you want a dime out of me. What's it for?

你从我这拿钱,就得告诉我干什么用?

Danielle's having her birthday next week.

Danielle下礼拜生日。

I just want to be sure I can get her a decent present.

我只是想给她一份正式的礼物。

Write her a poem. It's free.

写首诗给她,不用钱。

Is there something else you want?

你还想要别的东西吗?

Do you think I like to beg for money? I do this because you won't let me get a job.

你以为我喜欢问你要钱吗?我这么做是因为你不会让我工作。

Looking after your brother is a full-time job for both of us and you know that.

照顾你弟弟是一份全职工作,为了我们2个,你知道的。

Well, screw him!

是的,去他的!

Matthew!

Matthew!

No, I'm serious, mom, because we have both put our entire lives on hold, and for what?

不,我是认真的,妈妈,我们都用了所有的精力保护他,得到了什么?

It's been almost a year and he hasn't gotten any better.

都快一年了,他却一点都没好转。

I see him improving!

我看到他进步了!

That's because you see what you want to see! It is time to put him away, mom.

那是因为你只看到了你想看到的!是时候把他放下了,妈妈。

Just let some professionals take care of him.

请一些专业人员照顾他。

We wouldn't have to move. We could have our lives back.

我们不需要搬家,我们能回到过去的生活。

What's wrong? You fighting?

怎么了?你们在吵架?

No, sweetie. Matthew's friend, Danielle, has a birthday coming up.

没有,甜心。Matthew的朋友Danielle就快过生日了。

We were just talking about what gift to give her.

我们只是在讨论送她什么礼物。

Well, I was thinking jewelry...so fifty bucks should do it.

我觉得送珠宝…所以50美元应该够了。

Why not twenty? You don't want to spoil her.

为什么不是20?你也不想宠坏她。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/528616.html