纪录片《长生不老》 02越长越老(在线收听

Ageing is happening to us all of the time.

衰老与我们形影相随

Some of us fight it,

有人与其抗争

most of us see it as an inevitable part of life.

绝多数人视其为生命中不可避免的一部分

Our own family is often our best guide to what it will mean.

我们往往通过家人来了解衰老的过程

Here in the Silvester household, ages range from Toby at two

像西尔维斯特家族 年龄跨度从2岁的托比

to nan at ninety-three,

到93岁的老奶奶

but even though we all grow up expecting to grow older,

但即使人人都在成长 并可预期会越长越老

there seems little agreement of what we even mean by old.

我们对老的概念却仍不尽相同

I think it's 127.

我认为是127

You would have to be 20 or 30.

肯定到20或30岁就是老了

Eighty plus.

80多

You're the same person looking out,

你用一种角度看世界

but you know that the world's looking at somebody different.

但世界却用不同的角度看你

I suspect you don't notice you're getting old,

我想你没注意到你正在变老

but your children notice it...and tell you.

但你的孩子发现 然后告诉了你

Actually, I don't feel old.

实际上我并没觉得老

We think we know it when we see it.

当我们看到的时候我们是知道的

Their hair's usually white-ish.

他们的头发通常是白的

When you're young, you don't have that much freckles and,

你年轻的时候不会有那么多老年斑

and bumpy bits of left-over skin.

皮肤也不会发皱

This is the most important thing.

最重要的一点

The older people can't run and the younger people can.

年纪大的人不能跑而年纪轻的可以

Our bodies just don't do what they did, but why not?

身体无法做曾经做过的事了 为什么

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpcsbl/528777.html