《绝望的主妇》精讲615(在线收听

Word is out all over town that you're unhappy at Simms,

我知道你在Simms那边的情况,

so why not jump ship and come to Parcher Murphy?

但干吗不来我们公司呢?

I swear, Veronica, you would fit in so well here.

我敢保证,你会很快适应这的。

I do need to make a change, Lynette, but the money you're offering...

我的确需要改变,但是你开的酬劳…

Yeah, it sucks but there are other perks: the expense account, the corner office...

不错,是很低,但是还有其他福利啊,办公室啊…

I don't know. You're just going to have togive me some time to think about it.

我也不知道,你得容我考虑一下。

Fair enough, fair enough. Okay, what is your secret?

好的,好的,你究竟有什么秘诀?

How can you eat like that and keep your figure?

这么爱吃甜食,还能保持苗条的身材?

It's the breast-feeding. It burns so many calories.

是母乳喂养的原因,很消耗体力。

It's like having a treadmill strapped to your chest.

就象身上装了跑步机似的。

I didn't know you had a child.

我还不知道你有孩子?

Yes, my son Donovan. He'sthe love of my life.

有啊,有个儿子Donovan,他是我的最爱。

Really, Veronica? Well, you know, there's another perk that I just thought of.

其实,Veronica,我们公司还有另外一个福利。

Oh, my gosh, this is fantastic! They don't have day care at Simms.

哦,天啊,这真是太好了,Simms公司那根本没有日托。

How can they not? For working parents like you and me, it's a necessity.

怎么会没有呢?象我们这样整天工作的父母就需要这个。

So, is the pot getting sweeter?

你觉得怎么样?

Would people here be cool about my breast-feeding Donovan?

我要是喂Donovan奶,这边人介意吗?

The guys at Simms were real jerks about that.

Simms公司的人很讨厌。

Parcher & Murphy is completely mother-friendly. No one would say a word.

我们公司完全接纳育子行为,不会介意的。

Oh! What the heck, I'm in.

管它呢!我加入了!

Yeah? Well, that's fantastic!

哦,太好了!

Oh, my god, whose kids are those?

哦,天啊,那是谁家的孩子?

I have absolutely no idea. Let's go hammer out the details.

我也不知道,我们具体谈谈。

Okay.

好的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/528862.html