《金银岛》第十一章 海上历险(3)(在线收听

Ben Gunn had told me his boat was hidden near the white rock,and I found that rock farther along the beach.

本·葛恩告诉过我他的小船藏在白岩石附近,我在远处的海边找到了那岩石。

The little boat was hidden in the grass-a small,rough thing,made of wood and goat-skins.

小船藏在草丛中—是木头和山羊皮制成的船,又小又粗糙。

I knew I should go back to the stockade now,

我知道我应该立刻回到寨子里去,

but an idea came to me and I sat down to wait for darkness.

但一种意念驱使我坐下来等着天黑。

As the last of the day disappeared,there were two lights in the blackness.

在落日的最后一丝余光消失之后,我只能看见两点火光。

One came from a great fire on the shore where the pirates sat singing and drinking;

一个是岸上海盗们巨大的篝火堆,海盗们围着篝火喝酒,唱歌;

the other came from the Hispaniola out at sea.

另一个来自海面上的伊斯帕尼奥拉号。

I put the small boat on my shoulders and carried it to the edge of the water,then I put it in the sea.

我把小船扛在肩上运到水边,放在海里。

It was a very safe boat,but difficult to control.

这只船非常安全,

It turned every way except the one I wanted to go!

但极难控制,它就是不朝我要去的方向前进!

The sea carried me out to the Hispaniola.

我在海上向伊斯帕尼奥拉号划去。

I knew if I cut the anchor rope at the wrong moment,the Hispaniola would make a sudden move out to sea,and my boat might be knocked out of the water.

我知道如果我在错误的时刻砍断绳索,伊斯帕尼奥拉号就会突然离岸,我的小船也势必倾覆。

So I took my knife and cut almost through the rope,then waited,listening to the sound of two loud voices coming from the cabin.

我抽出刀来一股一股地割绳索,在绳索将断时稍停片刻。我听见船舱里有两个人高声谈话。

Both men sounded drunk,and both were angry.

两个人好像喝醉了,而且都怒气冲冲的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jydzysyysdw/528981.html