《金银岛》第十二章 伊斯莱尔·汉兹(4)(在线收听

I listened to his words but didn't believe them.

我听明白他的话,但一点都不信他。

He wanted me to leave the deck,that was clear,but why?

显然,他要我离开甲板,但为什么呢?

Wine?I said.Will you have white or red?

葡萄酒?我问。要白的还是红的?

I don't mind,he said,as long as it's strong and there's plenty of it.

都行,他说,只要多一些,有点劲就行。

I'll have to search for it,I told him.

好吧,我去找一找,我说。

I went below,then took off my shoes and went quietly up the other stairs to watch him.

我跑下去,然后脱下鞋爬上梯子看他。

He was on his hands and knees and,although his leg hurt him,

他用两手和两个膝盖爬行。尽管腿受伤了,他还是爬得很快,

he moved quickly across the deck and took a long knife from among some ropes.

然后从甲板上一盘缆绳下面找出一把长刀。

I could see the blood on it.

我可以看见上面的血迹。

Then he hid it under his coat and went back to his place.

然后他把刀藏在衣服下面,回到原处。

This was all I needed to know Israel Hands could move about and now had a weapon,

这正是我需要知道的一切。伊斯莱尔·汉兹能够爬行而且他现在有了武器,

and he was going to try to kill me.

他想杀掉我。

But I knew that he wouldn't use the knife until the ship was safely on the beach.

但我相信在伊斯帕尼奥拉号安全抵达沙滩之前他不会杀我的。

I went back to the cabin,put my shoes on again,and picked up a bottle of wine.Then I went back up on deck.

我回到船舱,穿上鞋,找到一瓶葡萄酒回到甲板上。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jydzysyysdw/528987.html