《神探夏洛克》精讲 02室友(在线收听

It's a bit different from my day.

有点时过境迁的感觉。

You've no idea. Mike, can I borrow your phone? No signal on mine.

岂止如此。迈克,能借你手机用下吗?我的没信号。

Well, what's wrong with the landline?

你不能用固话吗?

I'd rather text.

我喜欢发短信。

Sorry, other coat.

不好意思,我换了件外套。

Oh, here. Use mine.

给,用我的吧。

Oh. Thank you.

哦,谢谢。

This is an old mate of mine, John Watson.

这是我的一个老朋友,约翰·华生。

Afghanistan or Iraq?

阿富汗还是伊拉克?

Afghanistan. Sorry, how did you know?

阿富汗。不好意思,你怎么知道的?

Ah, coffee! Thank you, Molly.

茉莉,谢谢你的咖啡。

What happened to the lipstick?

你的唇膏怎么没了?

It wasn't working for me.

对我来说没什么用。

Really? I thought it was a big improvement. Mouth's too small now.

是吗?我倒觉得效果很好。不然你的嘴看起来太小。

Okay.

好吧。

How do you feel about the violin?

你对小提琴有何看法?

Sorry, what?

不好意思,你说什么?

I play the violin when I'm thinking.

我在思考问题时会拉小提琴。

Sometimes I don't talk for days on end. Would that bother you? Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

有时我会连续几天一言不发。你会介意吗?未来的室友该彼此了解最坏的情况。

Oh, you told him me about me?

你和他说起过我吗?

Not a word.

提也没提过。

Then who said anything about flatmates?

那谁说过室友的事了?

I did.

我。

I told Mike this morning that I must be a difficult man to find a flatmate for.

早上我告诉迈克我这种人肯定很难找室友。

Now here he is after lunch with an old friend clearly home from military service in Afghanistan. It wasn't a difficult leap.

而刚过午餐,他就带来自己刚从阿富汗退役回来的一个老友。这不难推论。

How did you know about Afghanistan?

你怎么知道阿富汗的事?

I've got my eye on a nice little place in central London. Together we could afford it. We'll meet there tomorrow evening, 7:00.

在伦敦市中心,我看中一处不错的房子。我们应该能付得起房租。明晚七点在那里见。

Sorry, I've got to dash. I think I left my riding crop in the mortuary.

抱歉,我赶时间。我大概把马鞭忘在停尸间了。

Is that it?

就这样吗?

Is that what?

怎么?

We've just met and we're going to go and look at a flat?

我们才刚见面,就要一起去看房了吗?

Problem?

有问题吗?

We don't know a thing about each other, I don't know your name, I don't even know where we're meeting.

我们互相一无所知,我不知道你叫什么,甚至不知道该在哪儿见面。

I know you're an army doctor and you've recently been invalided home from Afghanistan.

我知道你是个军医,刚从阿富汗因伤退役回来。

I know you've got a brother with a bit of money who's worried about you, but you won't go to him for help because you don't approve of him, possibly because he's an alcoholic, more likely because he recently walked out on his wife.

我知道你有个挺有钱的哥哥很担心你,你却不肯向他求助,因为你看不惯他,可能因为他是个酒鬼,更可能是因为他最近抛弃了自己的妻子。

And I know your therapist thinks your limp is psychosomatic, quite correctly, I'm afraid.

我也知道你的咨询师认为你的瘸腿是身心疾病,我倒觉得一点不错。

That's enough to be going on with don't you think?

这样应该差不多了吧,你觉得呢?

The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street. Afternoon.

我叫夏洛克·福尔摩斯,地址是贝克街221B。午安。

Yeah, he's always like that.

好吧,他就这德行。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/stxlkjj/529329.html