福克斯新闻 论民主党对持枪者的嘲讽(2)(在线收听

Now, sometimes the manipulation of language is designed to excuse and eventually to normalize aberrant behavior.

现在,有时候操纵语言是为了辩解并最终使异常行为正常化。

Remember, back in 1999, when a popular president obliterated the boundaries of English and even managed to redefine the present tense of the verb "to be".

记得吗,在1999年,一位受欢迎的总统消除了英语的界限,甚至重新定义了动词“to be”的现在时。

The statement that there was no sex of any kind in any manner, shape or form with President Clinton was an utterly false statement, is that correct?

有关未与与克林顿总统进行任何形式的性行为的声明是完全错误的,对吗?

It depends upon what the meaning of the word is is.

这完全要看“是”是什么意思。

How we ever recover from that one statement is beyond me still after all these years.

这么多年了,我仍然无法理解我们如何从那句话缓过来的。

Now fast forward to the present day language manipulation directly impacting our Second Amendment rights.

我们快进到如今的语言操纵,它直接影响了我们的第二修正案的权利。

Now, Biden's nominee to head the ATF unwittingly revealed how Democrats have used language to deprive us of basic freedoms when senators today pinned him down.

现在,拜登提名的烟酒枪支爆炸物管理局局长无意中透露了民主党人在直面参议员们的压制时是如何用语言剥夺我们的基本自由的。

Do you believe in banning assault weapons?

你相信禁止攻击性武器吗?

I do, sir.

我相信。

OK. Define assault weapons.

好的。那请问攻击性武器的定义是什么?

Assault weapons would be something that members of Congress would define.

攻击性武器将由国会议员来定义。

Well, how do you define it? You're going to be running the agency.

好吧,你怎么定义它?毕竟你将管理烟酒枪支爆炸物管理局。

Senator, the bill to ban assault weapons is dozens of pages.

参议员,禁止攻击性武器的法案有几十页。

What is your definition of an assault?

你对攻击的定义是什么?

There's no way I could define an assault weapon.

我无法定义攻击性武器。

Give me your definition.

告诉我你的定义。

I can give you one definition.

我可以给你一个定义。

If you won't answer my question, how can I vote for you? I'm done, Mr. Chairman. I don't think I'm going to give an answer.

如果你不回答我的问题,我怎么能投你一票?我说完了,主席先生。我想我不会回答的。

Oh. When Senator Tom Cotton got his shot, he hit a bull's eye.

哦。在参议员汤姆·科顿不停地询问下,奇普曼终于作答了。

Can you tell me, what is an assault weapon?

你能告诉我什么是攻击性武器吗?

How would you define it if you're the chair - of the head of the ATF,

如果你是管理烟酒枪支爆炸物管理局局长,你会如何定义它?

how have you defined it over the last several years as your role as a gun control advocate?

你在过去几年作为枪支管制倡导者是如何定义攻击性武器的?

I know there's a demand letter three program, which requires multiple reports.

我知道有一个需求三个计划,需要多份报告。

ATF in that program has defined an assault rifle as any semi-automatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine above the caliber of .22, which would include a .223, which is largely the AR-15 round.

ATF在该项目中定义突击步枪是指任何能够接受口径在.22以上,包括.223的可拆卸弹匣的半自动步枪,主要是AR-15子弹。

I'm amazed that that might be the definition of assault weapon that would basically cover every single modern sporting rifle in America today.

我很惊讶于攻击性武器的可能定义,这基本上涵盖了当今美国每一支现代运动步枪。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fksxw/529559.html