《远大前程》第1章 匹普与一位陌生人相遇(2)(在线收听

Oh!Don't cut my throat,sir!I begged in terror.

噢!先生,不要杀我!我害怕地乞求着。

Tell me your name,boy!Quick!he said,still holding me.And show me where you live!

小子,告诉我你叫什么名字!快点!他仍然抓着我说,指给我`看你住在哪儿!

My name's Pip,sir.And I live in the village over there.

先生,我叫匹普,我住在那边的村庄里。

He picked me up and turned me upside-down.

他抓起我,又把我按倒在地。

Nothing fell out of my pocket except a piece of old bread.He ate it in two bites,like a dog,and put me back on the gravestone.

我的口袋里除了一块剩面包则一无所有,他狼吞虎咽地吃下两口,又把我放回墓石上。

So where are your father and mother?he asked.

那么,你的爸爸妈妈在哪儿?他问道。

There,sir,I answered,pointing to their graves.

先生,在那儿,我指着那里的坟墓回答。

What!he cried,and was about to run,when he saw where I was pointing.Oh!he said.

当他看到我所指的地方时,什么!他叫起来拔腿就跑。噢!他说,

I see.They're dead.Well,who do you live with,if I let you live,which I haven't decided yet?

我明白了,他们已经死了。嘿,你跟谁一起生活?但是,我是否让你活着还没决定。

With my sister,sir,wife of Joe Gargery,the blacksmith.

和我姐姐在一起,先生,铁匠乔·葛吉瑞的妻子。

Blacksmith,you say?And he looked down at his leg.

你说,铁匠?他低下头看看自己的腿,

Then he held me by both arms and stared fiercely down into my eyes.

然后抱住我,用凶狠的眼光盯着我的双眼。

Now look here.You bring me a file.

你看这儿,给我带把锉子来,

You know what that is?

你知道什么是锉吗?

And you bring me some food.

再给我弄点吃的,

If you don't,or if you tell anyone about me,

如果你办不到,或者把我的情况告诉别人,

I'll cut your heart out.

我会挖出你的心脏来。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ydqcsy/530238.html