纪录片《药物依赖》 第30期:万能药(在线收听

But many people question whether codeine even needs to be

但是很多人提出质疑

in these over-the-counter drugs in the first place.

非处方药中是否有必要加入可待因

One of the things about the over-the-counter pain killers

有一点值得提出的是 柜台出售的

that contain codeine with aspirin or paracetamol or ibuprofen

加了可待因的阿司匹林 扑热息痛 布洛芬

is the amounts of codeine in those tablets

其所含可待因的剂量

is not thought to be enough to have a real effect on the pain,

并不足以让人止痛

so you are probably no better off taking those tablets

所以吃了以后的效果并不比

than you are taking standard aspirin, ibuprofen or paracetamol.

单纯的阿司匹林 扑热息痛或布洛芬好

They don't contain enough

其中所含可待因的剂量

codeine to give you any additional pain relief,

不能减轻病痛

but there is enough to get you hooked.

但却足以让你上瘾

Despite how dangerous pills can be, we still love them.

尽管药物很危险 我们还是很爱它

If I could invent a pill to do anything,

如果我能发明一种万能药

I'd quite like one that

我想要一种

could just put you to sleep for 15 minutes

让你只用睡十五分钟

and you'd be completely refreshed when you woke up.

醒来以后就会焕然一新的药

I'd invent one pill that covers the whole spectrum.

我想发明一种能治愈所有疾病的药

You just take one pill in the day and that's it.

一天只吃一片

You're good to go.

然后你就好了

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpywyl/531094.html