纪录片《药物依赖》 第43期:吃药就像喝威士忌(在线收听

If it keeps me healthier than I

如果吃药能使我更健康

would otherwise be, and hopefully mentally alert,

头脑更灵活

then, you know, it's doing its job

那它就起到功效

and thank you very much.

我就不胜感激了

I believe in my heart that it's not good.

但我内心认为药物是不好的

I don't think it's a good thing.

我觉得吃药不是件好事情

We're not meant to take them.

我们不该服用药物

In the old days, they didn't take them. They just died, you know.

过去的人们从不吃药 他们顺其自然

I don't like it but I... I am...

我不喜欢吃药 但是 我

It's part of my life.

这是我生活的一部分

It is my life, actually.

实际上 这就是我全部的生活

Millions of people turn

数百万人每天靠服药

to pills every day to prolong their lives,

来延长他们的生命

but there are some who believe medicine

但也有些人 比如约翰·斯图尔特

could also be used to bring it to an end, like John Stuwart.

认为药物能用来结束他们的生命

If there was such a thing as a simple pill that you could take,

如果世上有如此简单的药物

preferably with a large Scotch,

配上一大杯苏格兰威士忌服下

and go to sleep and not wake up,

就能让你长睡不醒

a lot of people would prefer that,

不知多少人想要得到这样的机会

in fact would leap at the chance.

利用这样的机会

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpywyl/531107.html