纪录片《药物依赖》 第46期:没有副作用的药(在线收听

One day, the peaceful pill could

未来的某一天 安宁剂

be the last of the 14,000 you may have taken,

可能会成为你不加思索就服下的

packets and packets of pills

一盒又一盒的

you've probably popped without even thinking,

近14000颗药片里的最后一片

but should you be thinking about it more?

但是 你应该多思索一些吗

You show me a drug with no side effects,

如果一种药没有副作用

I'll show you a drug with no benefits.

那么它也不会有什么疗效

The difference between a drug and a poison is basically the dose.

药物和毒品的不同就在于剂量

It was so painful, I couldn't walk

我疼得厉害 有强烈恶心感

or I'd be violently sick

简直无法走路

and I got the shivers and my heart would race like crazy.

我会打寒颤 心跳得厉害

And I thought, "Christ, these are just painkillers," You know.

我想 上帝 这只不过是止痛药

But medicines have the power to cure...

但是药物有着治疗的功效

And improve the quality of our lives.

并且改善我们的生活质量

New drugs will be discovered...

新的药物将被不断开发

There is a huge opportunity now,

如今我们正面临巨大的机遇

probably greater than ever before,

也许比以往都要好得多的机遇

to make a new raft of medicines.

来开发大量新药

..And new uses found for drugs we already have.

以及发掘我们现有药物的新作用

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpywyl/531110.html