纪录片《你喝多了吗》 第10期:酒桌上的生意(在线收听

This is another ripe one.

吃一个熟的

Give it a go.

尝尝吧

Oh you're not kidding. That's quite strong.

不试不知道 酒精味还真足

Actually the cherry taste has diminished

事实上 樱桃味已经变淡了

but there is a hint of alcohol.

但是有一缕酒精味道

This quirk of evolution -the ability to turn sugar into alcohol -

这种神奇的转变 糖转化为酒精

takes us way back.

可以追溯到远古时代

But it's what we do today when we harness billions of yeast cells

但是如今 我们依靠数十亿的酵母细胞

to make their poison for us

利用简单的化学原理

using a relatively simple piece of chemistry

来制造这种"毒药"

that we have obsessively reproduced across the planet.

全世界都沉迷于酒品制造

Once we'd tasted alcohol

可以说 一旦沾酒

it seems there was no going back.

一辈子就离不开它了

Like Popeye and spinach.

就像大力水手吃了菠菜

I would see it as part of a ritual yes. Part of my routine.

对我来说 喝酒是习惯 日常所需

I'm in a group everybody's drinking "Well come and join in!"

一群人都在喝酒 他们会招呼我加入

If I met a student who didn't drink

如果有同学说自己不喝酒

I'd be like "Really?!"

我会说"不会吧"

There's a lot of business that get's done over a glass of wine.

好多生意都是酒桌上做成的

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpnhdlm/531641.html