纪录片《节食还是截寿》 第16期:饮食健康(在线收听

It is as if we are two different species.

我们的确像是属于两个不同人种

Joe's diet seems to be keeping his organs in pristine condition.

乔的饮食让他的器官保持最佳状态

My diet is undermining my health, and fast.

而我的饮食结构在迅速掏空我的身体

Well, that was very sobering.

这真是如同当头棒喝

Luigi does not mince his words.

路易吉没有拐弯抹角

He talked a bit about abdominal fat.

他提到了腹部脂肪

In fact, he talked quite a lot about my abdominal fat.

事实上 关于我的腹部脂肪他说了很多

I've never thought of myself as particularly fat.

我从没想到过自己非常胖

But it was the sort of two visions he held out to me.

他为我分析了两种生活方式的未来

One, where, if I continue as I am at the moment,

其中一个是 如果继续照现状生活

I'm heading almost certainly for heart disease and possibly worse.

我必将罹患心脏病 甚至更糟

The other is, if I embrace the CR way, the calorie restriction way,

另一个 如果我开始过低热量饮食的生活

he said I could be effectively cured in less than a year.

他认为我可以在不到一年的时间里好转

My risk factors would move from being

我的健康风险将由

almost certainly a cardiac victim at some point

几乎肯定会患心血管疾病

to one in a million.

降低到百万分之一的患病几率

When you put it as starkly as that,

当现实严酷到如此地步时

it's given me a lot to think about.

我的确应该好好考虑了

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpjshsjs/532030.html