福克斯新闻 共和党参议员被质问:为什么支持民主党的3.5亿元法案?(在线收听

The Biden White House is jubilant over its infrastructure framework, calling it historic.

拜登政府对其基础设施框架感到非常高兴,称其具有历史意义。

So why the 17 Republicans who voted to advance the bill, throwing Biden a lifeline?

那么,为什么17名共和党人投票支持该法案,给拜登抛出了救命稻草?

Here now is one of those 17 Republicans, Senator Lindsey Graham.

下面有请这17名共和党人之一———参议员林赛·格雷厄姆。

Senator, this is a trillion-dollar bill.

参议员,这是一项万亿美元的法案。

At a time we're facing massive inflation, other pressures and President Trump said, you guys have made a terrible deal that Republicans are big losers here, and that the Democrats are the big winners.

在我们面临大规模通胀和其他压力的时候,特朗普总统说,你们做了一个糟糕的交易,共和党是这里最大的输家,而民主党是最大的赢家。

So why is he wrong?

那么,他哪里说错了?

I think he's wrong, because he had a bill for $1.7 trillion infrastructure spending, which I support.

我认为他错了,因为有一项1.7万亿美元的基础设施开支法案我是支持的。

We can never get it done.

我们永远也做不成这件事。

This is $1.2 trillion for roads, bridges and ports.

这1.2万亿美元是用于道路、桥梁和港口的。

And if you don't think we've got a road bridge and port problem, you're not looking at America the way it is.

如果你认为我们没有路桥和港口问题,那你是没有看到真实的美国。

The $3.5 trillion bill they want to fall on with is socialism.

他们想要落实的3.5亿美元法案很社会主义。

But count me in for road, bridges and ports paid for.

但道路、桥梁和港口的费用也算我一份。

I understand what I'm for, and I understand what I'm against. And I think America...

我知道我在支持什么,也知道我反对什么。我认为美国...

You think it's the same economy?

你觉得经济还是以前一样吗?

You think this is the same economy as it was when President Trump was in office?

你认为现在的经济还是特朗普执政时的经济吗?

That inflationary pressures that we're seeing today have no effect on the spending and that this is not a glide path to make at least $3 trillion of spending possible?

我们今天看到的通胀压力对支出没有影响,这都不会影响这项至少3万亿美元支出吗?

It gives a huge win to the White House. They're thrilled.

这对白宫来说是一个巨大的胜利。他们非常兴奋。

Yes. I really don't believe that at all (inaudible) We're spending the money in and out years.

是的。我真的一点也不相信(听不清)我们这么多年来一直在花钱。

There is deinflationary. We're putting money aside for an eight-year road bridge, port plan to upgrade, what I just said, that doesn't create inflation.

这是一种通货紧缩。我们正在为一个8年的公路桥和港口升级计划留出资金,就像我刚才说的,这不会造成通货膨胀。

What creates inflation is the $3.5 trillion bill.

造成通胀的是3.5万亿美元的法案。

What are you going to get?

你期望得到什么结果呢?

That's just government spending with tax increases.

政府只是在花费增加的税收。

I don't know. We'll see. I see many differ on this.

我说不好。走着看吧。在这点上我有很多不同意见。

I think America needs infrastructure and forward. I think America doesn't need socialism. I'm against it.

我认为美国的基础设施需要建设改善。我认为美国不需要社会主义。我是反对的。

But why didn't you senator, why didn't you - but Senator, why didn't you do what Pelosi played hardball, and you guys rolled over?

但是为什么你不,参议员,为什么你不,参议员,为什么你不像佩洛西那样强硬,然后你们就屈服了?

Why didn't you say we'll vote on infrastructure once you show your hand on the $3.5 trillion?

你为什么不说,只要你拿出3.5万亿美元,我们就投票支持基础设施建设?

Why are we giving the leverage to the Democrats on the process?

为什么我们要让民主党主导这个过程呢?

Pelosi is like, we're not doing that. We're doing it the other way.

佩洛西意思就是,我们不会那么做。我们要那么做。

And you guys are like, ok. We'll just do the reinfrastructure first.

但是你们这些人就说,好吧,那我们就先做基础设施这一部分。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fksxw/532298.html