《权力的游戏》精讲 第二季第2集:夜之国度(6)(在线收听

You have a deft hand with diplomacy.

你的外交手段真是灵活

If that's everything?

还有事吗

A-- a raven flew in this morning from Castle Black.

黑城堡今天有信鸦来

Trouble with the wildlings.

野人又闹事了

That's why they're called "wildlings."

所以他们才叫野人

Somewhat less wild these days.

如今倒没那么野了

It seems they've stopped killing each other

他们好像是停止了互相残杀

and started following this king-Beyond-the-Wall.

开始跟从这个所谓的塞外之王

Another king? How many is that now,

又一个国王,现在多少个了

Five? I've lost count.

五个,我都数不过来了

The Lord Commander asks that we send more men to man The Wall.

总司令大人请求我们多送一些人手守长城

Perhaps he's forgotten we're fighting a war.

他好像忘了我们正在打仗

We have no men to spare.

哪里匀得出人手

"Cold winds are rising, and the dead rise with them."

"冷风已然吹起,死人随之复活"

The northerners are a superstitious people.

北方人都这么迷信

According to the Commander,

据总司令所说

one of these dead men attacked him in his chambers.

有个死人闯进房间袭击了他

Mormont doesn't lie.

莫尔蒙向来不说谎

How do you kill a dead man?

怎么才能杀死一个死人呢

Apparently you burn him.

当然是用火烧

One trip to The Wall and you come back

不过是去了一趟长城回来

believing in grumpkins and snarks.

你就相信古灵精怪了

I don't know what I believe,

不管我相信什么

but here's a fact for you.

有句实话要告诉你

The Night's Watch is the only thing that separates us

守夜人是唯一能保卫王国

from what lies beyond the Wall.

抵御未知威胁的屏障

I have every confidence

我丝毫不怀疑

the brave men of the Night's Watch will protect us all.

守夜人的勇士们能保护我们

And I said,

要我说啊

if the gods wanted us to have dignity,

如果诸神希望我们有尊严地死去

they wouldn't make us fart when we died.

就不会让我们在临死时放屁

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qldyxjj/532740.html