博斯科姆比溪谷秘案 02前往博斯科姆比溪谷(2)(在线收听

We had the carriage to ourselves save for an immense litter of papers which Holmes had brought with him.

在车厢里,除了福尔摩斯随身带来的一大卷乱七八糟的报纸外,只有我们两个乘客。

Among these he rummaged and read, with intervals of note-taking and of meditation, until we were past Reading.

他在这些报纸里东翻西找,然后阅读,有时记点笔记,有时沉默深思,直到我们已经过了雷丁为止。

Then he suddenly rolled them all into a gigantic ball and tossed them up onto the rack.

接着,他忽然把所有报纸卷成一大捆,扔到行李架上。

"Have you heard anything of the case?" he asked.

"你听说过有关这个案子的任何情况吗?"他问道。

"Not a word. I have not seen a paper for some days."

"一无所闻。我有好几天没有看报纸了。"

"The London press has not had very full accounts.

"伦敦出版的报纸的报道都不很详细。

I have just been looking through all the recent papers in order to master the particulars.

我一直在看最近的报纸,想掌握一些具体情况。

It seems, from what I gather, to be one of those simple cases which are so extremely difficult."

据我推测,这件案子好象是那种极难侦破的简单案件之一。"

"That sounds a little paradoxical."

"这话听起来有点自相矛盾。"

"But it is profoundly true. Singularity is almost invariably a clue.

"但这是一个意味深长的真理。异常现象几乎总是可以为你提供线索。

The more featureless and commonplace a crime is, the more difficult it is to bring it home.

可是,一个越是毫无特征和平平常常的罪行,就越是难以确实证明它是某个人所犯的。

In this case, however, they have established a very serious case against the son of the murdered man."

然而,这个案件,他们已经认定是一起儿子谋杀父亲的严重案件。"

"It is a murder, then?" "Well, it is conjectured to be so.

"这么说,那是个谋杀案了?"

I shall take nothing for granted until I have the opportunity of looking personally into it.

"唔,他们是这样猜想的。在我有机会亲自侦查这个案件之前,我决不会想当然地肯定是这样。

I will explain the state of things to you, as far as I have been able to understand it, in a very few words."

我现在就把我到目前为止所能了解到的情况,简短地给你说一下。"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/534155.html