《神探夏洛克》精讲 374教父(在线收听

拍下来了吗

Has that come out?

-我拍照老是拍不下来  -给我看看

- They never come out when I take them. - Let's have a look.

她真漂亮

She's so beautiful.

-再试试  -想好名字了吗

- Have another go. - What about a name?

-凯瑟琳  -那名字已经不考虑了

- Catherine. - Uh, yeah, we've gone off that.

-是吗  -是的

- Have we? - Yeah.

你们知道我是怎么想的

Well, you know what I think...

那不是个女孩的名字

It's not a girl's name.

茉莉  赫太太  希望你们能做孩子的教母

Molly, Mrs H, we would love you to be godparents.

如果你们愿意的话

If you...

-真的吗  -太好了

- Really?  - That's so lovely.

你也是  夏洛克

And, uh...you too, Sherlock?

你也是什么

You too what?

教父  我们希望你做孩子的教父

Godfather, we'd like you to be godfather.

上帝不过是可笑的幻想  是没用的人

God is a ludicrous fiction, dreamt up by inadequates

想象出来以把所有责任抛给一个看不见的朋友

who abnegate all responsibility to an invisible magic friend.

好吧  但是有蛋糕吃  你做吗

Yeah, but there'll be cake. Will you do it?

我回头给你答复

I'll get back to you.

圣父啊  请你赐福这圣水

Father, we ask you to send your blessings on this water

以供吾等今日使用

and sanctify it for our use this day.

以上帝之名

In Christ's name.

你们给女儿取了什么名字

Now, what name have you given your daughter?

萝丝孟德·玛丽

Rosamund Mary.

萝丝孟德

Rosamund?

意思是"尘世的玫瑰"  简称萝丝

It means "Rose of the world". Rosie for short.

你没收到约翰的短信吗

Didn't you get John's text?

没  我删掉了  "你好"打头的我都删

No. I delete his texts. I delete any text that begins "Hi."

真是完全不理解人们为什么觉得你不通人情

No idea why people think you're incapable of human emotion.

抱歉

Sorry.

手机

Phone!

教父教母

And now, godparents,

你们是否准备好协助孩子的父母

are you ready to help the parents of this child

尽基督徒父母的职责

in their duties as Christian parents?

我们准备好了

We are.

抱歉  我没太听清

'Sorry, I didn't catch that.

请再说一遍

'Please repeat the question.'

一如以往  华生  只会看  却不懂观察

As ever, Watson, you see but do not observe.

对你而言  世界是难以理解的谜团

To you, the world remains an impenetrable mystery,

对我却是一本展开的书

whereas, to me, it is an open book.

可靠的逻辑或浪漫的异想

Hard logic versus romantic whimsy -

你要做出选择

that is your choice.

你没有将行为和结果联系起来

You fail to connect actions to their consequences.

我最后说一次  你如果想留着拨浪鼓

Now, for the last time, if you want to keep the rattle,

就别把它扔掉

do not throw the rattle.

好了  真乖  真乖  真乖

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/stxlkjj/535186.html