《神探夏洛克》精讲 387波吉亚珍珠(在线收听

-史黛拉  -格雷格

- Oh, hi, Stella. - Greg.

你怎么...

You, uh...?

他在见客户  所以...

Uh, yeah, he's just got a client, so...

这样啊

Right, right, right...

你们经常见面吗

Uh, you see a lot of each other, do you?

没什么  都不是什么大事

It's nothing. I mean it's nothing serious.

-是啊  -不过时不时来聊聊天

- No, no. - I just pop round every now and again for a chat.

当然

Yeah, of course.

他喜欢棘手的案子

I mean he loves a really tricky case.

没错

Yeah, he does!

你今天为什么而来

So what you here for?

国际刑警认为波吉亚珍珠案

Well, Interpol think the Borgia Pearl trail

线索回到了伦敦  所以...

leads back to London, so...

波吉亚珍珠  他们还在找吗

The Borgia Pearl? They still after that, are they?

是的

Yeah.

你们俩怎么认识的

So, how did you two first meet?

是一桩十年前的案子

Oh, well, there was a case about, um, ten years ago.

没人查得明白

Nobody could figure it out.

一个老妇人死在了桑拿房里

There was an old lady found dead in a sauna.

是吗  怎么死的

Oh, yeah? How did she die?

低体温症

Hypothermia.

什么

What?

奇怪吧  然后我遇到了夏洛克

I know, but then I met Sherlock,

非常轻松地...

it was so simple the way...

拜托小声点好吗

Will you two please keep it down?!

-抱歉  -抱歉

- Sorry. - Sorry.

你不是一直在保险公司上班  是吧

Now, you haven't always been in life insurance, have you?

你一开始是从事体力工作的  别吃惊了

You started out in manual labour. Don't bother being astonished.

你的右手比左手

Your right hand's almost an entire size

整整大出一号  繁重的体力活儿造成的

bigger than your left- hard manual work does that.

我原是个木匠  和我爸爸一样

I was a carpenter. Like me dad.

你想戒烟  但没有成功

You're trying to give up smoking - unsuccessfully -

你曾经有个日本女友

and you once had a Japanese girlfriend

她对你很重要  但现在你对她漠不关心了

that meant a lot to you but now you feel indifferent about.

你是怎么...

How the hell...?

电子烟

E-cigarettes.

不仅如此  一共十支电子烟

Not just that - ten individual e-cigarettes.

如果你只是想在室内吸烟

If you just wanted to smoke indoors,

就会花钱买一支烦人的电子烟斗

you would've invested in one of those irritating electronic pipe things.

但你相信你能成功戒掉

But you're convinced you can give up,

所以你不想买烟斗

so you don't want to buy a pipe,

因为那就代表你不是真想戒烟

because that means you're not serious about quitting.

所以你没买烟斗  而是买了单支的烟

So instead, you buy individual cigarettes,

每次都确定那会是你的最后一支

always sure that each will be your last.

有什么要补充的吗  约翰

Anything to add, John?

-约翰  

- John?

-嗯  我在听

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/stxlkjj/535544.html