蓝宝石案 20贝克先生到访(3)(在线收听

Sherlock Holmes glanced sharply across at me with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

歇洛克·福尔摩斯飞快地朝我看了一眼,略微耸了耸肩膀。

"There is your hat, then, and there your bird," said he.

"那么,这是你的帽子;还有,这是你的鹅,"他说道,

"By the way, would it bore you to tell me where you got the other one from?

"顺便问一声,你能否费心告诉我们你那只鹅是从哪里买来的?

I am somewhat of a fowl fancier, and I have seldom seen a better grown goose."

我对饲养家禽颇感兴趣,比你那只长得更好的鹅,我还很少见过。"

"Certainly, sir," said Baker, who had risen and tucked his newly gained property under his arm.

"当然可以,先生,"他站起身来并且把刚刚得到的财产夹在腋下说,

"There are a few of us who frequent the Alpha Inn, near the Museum

"我们当中有些人经常出入博物馆附近的阿尔法小酒店,

we are to be found in the Museum itself during the day, you understand.

因为我们白天都在博物馆里。你明白吗?

This year our good host, Windigate by name, instituted a goose club,

今年,我们的好店主,名叫温迪盖特,创办了一个鹅俱乐部,

by which, on consideration of some few pence every week, we were each to receive a bird at Christmas.

因为考虑到每星期向俱乐部交纳几个便士,所以我们每个人在圣诞节都收到了俱乐部给的一只鹅。

My pence were duly paid, and the rest is familiar to you.

我总是按时付钱。至于以后发生的事你已经都知道了。

I am much indebted to you, sir, for a Scotch bonnet is fitted neither to my years nor my gravity."

先生,因为戴一顶苏格兰帽既不适合我这样的年龄,也不适合我的身份,而你使我受惠非浅,我谨向你深表谢意。"

With a comical pomposity of manner he bowed solemnly to both of us and strode off upon his way.

他带着一种滑稽的自负神态向我们两人严肃地鞠了一躬,然后迈开大步走出房间。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/535665.html