美国国家公共电台 NPR 苏丹突发政变 总理与其他政府官员被逮捕(在线收听

Officials in Khartoum say soldiers have arrested the prime minister and other government leaders.

喀土穆(苏丹首府)官员说,士兵逮捕了总理和其他政府领导人。

And the U.S. special envoy for the Horn of Africa, Jeffrey Feltman, says Washington is deeply alarmed by reports of a military takeover.

美国非洲之角特使费尔特曼说,美国政府对有关军方接管政权的报道深感震惊。

Feltman says a change in the government by force would be, in his words, utterly unacceptable.

费尔特曼说,用武力改变政府,用他的话说,是完全不可接受的。

And U.S. aid to Sudan would be at risk.

美国对苏丹的援助也将面临危险。

So it's worth stressing that this is a developing story as we speak. I'm looking on...Twitter.

因此,值得强调的是,这是一个正在发展的故事。 我看到...推特上。

I'm seeing protesters. What do we know happened?

我看到抗议者。我们了解发生了什么吗?

So we know that the military has arrested high-ranking members of the civilian government,

我们了解到军方已经逮捕了平民政府的高级官员,

and the Ministry of Information said that the civilian prime minister, Abdalla Hamdok, is now under house arrest.

信息部表示,平民总理阿卜杜拉·哈姆多克(Abdalla Hamdok)目前被软禁。

We also know that the internet and cell networks have been almost entirely cut off.

我们还了解到,互联网和手机网络几乎完全被切断。

But we know that activists have called on people to take to the streets to protest against what they are calling a coup.

但我们了解到,活动人士呼吁人们走上街头,抗议他们所谓的政变。

And they're sending us videos that show thousands of people on the streets of Khartoum.

他们给我们发来的视频显示,成千上万的人在喀土穆街头游行。

They are resorting to the chants that we heard when longtime autocratic leader Omar al-Bashir was toppled in 2019,

他们诉诸于我们在2019年长期独裁领导人奥马尔·巴希尔被推翻时听到的口号,

and they're calling for revolution, calling for the fall of the regime.

他们要求革命,要求政权垮台。

They are seeing that retreat is impossible, that the people are stronger.

他们看到撤退是不可能的,人民变得更强大了。

But the facts on the ground are that the military appears to be making its move to consolidate power

但实际情况是,军方似乎正在采取行动巩固权力

- they - you know, to push the civilian part of this transitional government aside and to return Sudan to a military dictatorship.

他们把过渡政府的文职部门推到一边,让苏丹回到军事独裁的状态。

How did that happen?

这是怎么发生的?

Because one of the really disconcerting things here is that just two years ago,

因为真正令人不安的事件就发生在两年前,

we were talking - as recently as a few months ago, we were talking about Sudan's transition to democracy, right?

就在几个月前,我们还在讨论苏丹向民主过渡的问题,对吧?

They finally get rid of this dictator after decades.

经过几十年,他们终于除掉了这个独裁者。

It looks like things are moving forward, and then now this. What happened?

看起来事情进展顺利,但现在又出了这种事。发生了什么事?

Yeah, it looked - so popular protests in 2019, as you noted, led to the ouster of longtime leader Omar al-Bashir.

是的,就像你提到的,2019年如此流行的抗议导致了长期领导人奥马尔·巴希尔的下台。

And the military sided with street protesters who demanded a democratic Sudan.

军方站在要求建立民主苏丹的街头抗议者一边。

And they agreed that after a certain period of time, they would cede power to civilians.

他们同意在一段时间后,将权力移交给平民。

And this was a fantastic time in Sudan.

这是苏丹的美好时光。

I was there. There was music. There was hope.

我在那里。有音乐。有希望。

It was a country that suddenly found itself liberated from an extremely conservative interpretation of Islamic law,

这个国家突然发现自己从极端保守的伊斯兰法律解释中解放出来,

and you could feel, like, an awakening in that country.

你能感受到,那个国家的觉醒。

The military was supposed to turn over power next month, but they're making it clear that they are staying.

军方本应在下个月移交权力,但他们明确表示会保留权力。

And I think if this coup sets in, it could mark the end of one of the most remarkable pro-democracy movements we've seen recently on the African continent.

我认为,如果政变开始,它可能标志着我们最近在非洲大陆看到的最显著的民主运动之一的结束。

And the activists that made this happen are heartbroken.

让这一切发生的活动人士很伤心。

I spoke to one in Khartoum not long ago who is afraid of getting arrested, so they asked that I not name them, but let me read you one of the messages that they sent me.

不久前我在喀土穆和一个害怕被捕的人交谈过,所以他们要求我不要说出他们的名字,但让我给你们读一段他们发给我的信息。

They said, I had two panic attacks already.

他们说,我已经两次恐慌症发作了。

It's too familiar, and I just don't know how we can repeat this again.

太熟悉了,我不知道我们怎么能再重来一次。

I just don't know how we can survive another nationwide trauma.

我只是不知道我们如何才能挺过又一场全国性的创伤。

We deserve so much better.

我们应该得到更好的。

Oh, my goodness. And then it's worth noting that Ethiopia, where you are, is in the middle of a civil war.

哦,我的天啊。值得注意的是,你所在的埃塞俄比亚正处于内战中。

These two countries are neighbors. The entire Horn of Africa seems really unstable at this minute.

这两个国家是邻居。整个非洲之角此刻似乎非常不稳定。

It does. And you know, that's obviously a really problematic thing

的确如此。你知道,显然这件事问题很多,

because there is an Islamist insurgency in nearby Somalia, and these were the buffer countries.

因为附近的索马里有伊斯兰叛乱,而这些国家是缓冲国。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/2021/536132.html