《神探夏洛克》精讲 444他走出公寓了(在线收听

我是卡尔福顿·史密斯

I'm Culverton Smith,

在今年的选举里  我将投给

and this election year, I'll be voting...

拜托  我在和首相谈话呢

For God's sake! I was talking to the Prime Minister.

非常抱歉  福尔摩斯先生  事关您弟弟

I'm sorry, Mr Holmes, it's your brother.

他走出公寓了

He's left his flat.

公寓着火了吗

Was it on fire?

就算是旅行在外  我依然喜欢优质食物

'Even when I'm on the road, I still like quality food.'

看到中间的折痕了吗

You see the fold in the middle?

最初的几个月  你把它藏了起来

For the first few months you kept this hidden,

折着夹在书里

folded inside a book.

由折痕的深浅看来

It must have been a tightly packed shelf,

放书的书架一定满满的

going by the severity of the crease.

显然你把它藏了起来

So obviously you were keeping it hidden

以免被跟你同住的人看到

from someone living in the same house

因为关系亲密  隐私没有保障

at a level of intimacy where privacy could not be assumed.

结论  恋爱

Conclusion - relationship.

但已经结束了

Not any more, though.

纸的顶端有大头针孔

There's a pinprick at the top of the paper.

过去几个月它被公开挂在墙上

For the past few months it's been on open display on a wall.

结论  恋爱结束了

Conclusion? Relationship is over.

这张纸曾暴露在多种烹饪气味中

The paper's been exposed to steam in a variety of cooking smells,

所以一定是挂在厨房里

so it must have been on display in the kitchen.

多种不同的香料  你有自杀倾向

A lot of different spices, you're suicidal,

独自一人  极需钱

alone and strapped for cash,

但你依然用心烹饪

yet you're still cooking to impress.

这么说你喜欢烹饪

You're keen, then.

厨房是一栋房子里最公共的房间

The kitchen is the most public room in any house.

鉴于任何访客都很可能问起这样一张字条

And since any visitor could be expected to ask about a note like this,

我推断没有人来拜访你

I have to assume you don't have any.

你把自己隔绝了起来

You've isolated yourself.

真棒

Amazing.

我知道

I know.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/stxlkjj/537179.html