时差N小时 男女谁更容易醉酒(上)(在线收听

If I were you, Yael, if I were a woman that is, I would reconsider that fourth drink you just ordered.

如果我是你,雅艾尔,如果我是女人的话,我会重新考虑刚刚点的第4杯。

You don't want a hangover tomorrow.

你不想明天还醉醺醺的吧。

I take offense to that, Don.

哦,唐,我可要生气了。

Are you implying that because I'm a woman I can't handle my alcohol as well as any man can?

你是想说因为我是女人就不能像男人一样开怀畅饮吗?

That may be true for itty bitty petite women, but I'm six feet tall, taller than most men, including you, Don.

对那些娇小女性来说,你这话也许是良言,但我可是6英尺高的人,个子超过你甚至大多数人。

And I might even weigh more than you too.

而且我甚至可能体重都超过你。

I imagine that you're the one who needs to watch out for a hangover.

我觉得你需要小心的是宿醉。

Well, Yael, the average weight difference between women and men is one reason why women tend to get intoxicated faster, but there's more.

嗯,雅艾尔,男性和女性之间的平均体重差异只是女人往往更容易喝醉的原因之一,但还有更多原因。

Women also tend to have more fat and less muscle than men, even tall women.

相比男性,女性往往脂肪多肌肉少,甚至高个子的女性也不例外。

This is significant because muscle tissue contains more water than fat does, and alcohol dissolves in water and thus is diluted.

这是很重要的,因为肌肉组织比脂肪含水量更多,而酒精易溶于水,因此被稀释了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scnxs/537232.html