单身贵族案 20雷斯垂德的困扰(3)(在线收听

Lestrade shot an angry glance at my companion.

雷斯垂德气得瞪了我的同伴一眼。

"I suppose you know all about it," he snarled.

"你好像全知道,"他咆哮着说。

"Well, I have only just heard the facts, but my mind is made up."

"唔,我刚刚才听说事情的经过,不过我已经作出了判断。"

"Oh, indeed! Then you think that the Serpentine plays no part in the matter?"

"噢,真的!那么你认为塞彭廷湖和这件事毫无关系了?"

"I think it very unlikely."

"我认为根本不可能有关系。"

"Then perhaps you will kindly explain how it is that we found this in it?"

"那么,请你解释解释,我们在那里找到这些东西是怎么一回事?"

He opened his bag as he spoke, and tumbled onto the floor a wedding-dress of watered silk,

他一边说一边打开他的提包,将一件波纹绸结婚礼服,

a pair of white satin shoes, and a bride's wreath and veil, all discoloured and soaked in water.

一双白缎子鞋以及一顶新娘的花冠和面纱,乱糟糟地倒在地板上,这些东西全都浸透了水,并且褪了色。

"There," said he, putting a new wedding-ring upon the top of the pile.

"还有,"他说,把一只崭新的结婚戒指放到这堆东西上面。

"There is a little nut for you to crack, Master Holmes."

"这可是要你来解决的难题啦,福尔摩斯大师。"

"Oh, indeed!" said my friend, blowing blue rings into the air.

"噢,是真的吗?"我的朋友说着,向空中喷出一个个蓝色的烟圈。

"You dragged them from the Serpentine?"

"这些东西是你从塞彭廷湖中打捞上来的?"

"No. They were found floating near the margin by a park-keeper.

"不是,是一个园丁发现这些东西在湖边漂浮着的。

They have been identified as her clothes,

他们已经认出这些是她的衣服。

and it seemed to me that if the clothes were there the body would not be far off."

我认为既然衣服在那儿,尸体也不会太远了。"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/537261.html