英语新闻听写 众议员科尔特斯谈及自动化问题(在线收听

Business Insider reports that democratic representative Alexandria Ocasio Cortez said at South By Southwest

据《商业内幕网》报道,民主党众议员亚历山大·奥卡西奥·科尔特斯在西南偏南大会上表示,

that people shouldn't be worried that automation might be about to wipe out their jobs.

人们不应该担心自动化会毁掉他们的工作。

Ocasio Cortez said we should not be haunted by the specter of being automated out of work.

奥卡西奥·科尔特斯表示,我们不应该被自动化会导致失业的恐惧所困扰。

We should not feel nervous about the toll booth collector not having to collect tolls.

我们不应该因为收费站收费员不用收通行费而感到紧张。

We should be excited by that, but the reason we're not excited about it is because we live in a society where if you don't have a job you are left to die.

我们应该因此感到激动,但是我们不会为此感到激动的原因是,我们生活在这样一个社会,如果你没有工作你就会死去。

We should be more excited about automation because what it could potentially mean is more time educating ourselves,

我们应该为自动化的到来感到激动,因为这可能意味着我们会有更多的时间教育自己,

more time creating art, more time investing in and investigating the sciences.

更多的时间创造艺术,投入更多的时间在科学研究上。

more time focused on invention, more time going to space, more time enjoying the world that we live in.

我们会有更多的时间专注于发明,更多的时间进入太空,更多的时间享受我们生活的世界。

Because not all creativity needs to be bonded by wage.

因为并不是所有的创造力都需要靠工资来维系。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yyxwtx/539330.html