英文演讲录 约翰·塞纳:库欣毕业演讲(2)(在线收听

Just to be here, you guys sacrificed and left behind your family, your friends, and your social circles, and started over again from scratch.

为了来到这里,你们做出了牺牲,抛下了家人、朋友和社交圈,从头开始。

And at your age, I know that even the smallest ripple in a social circle can cause an emotional tidal wave.

在你这个年纪,我知道即使是社交圈中最小的涟漪也会引起情绪波动。

And to do that, just to take that one step to walk through the door, to be here, sets your head and shoulders above the rest.

要做到这一点,只要迈出这一步跨过那扇门,来到这里,你就会出类拔萃。

Across the country right now, there are very similar ceremonies going on, where families are gathering, sending congratulations to senior classes.

现在,全国各地都在举行非常类似的仪式,家人们聚集在一起,向高年级学生表示祝贺。

You guys are so far ahead of all of them.

你们远远领先于他们所有人。

It's truly just amazing.

这真的太令人惊叹了。

I can sit out here and even hear stories from this morning's speeches and just see the outgoing personalities and all the student body.

我可以坐在这里,甚至可以听到今天早上演讲中的故事,看到了所有学生以及他们外向的个性。

You guys are just in the middle of a wonderful experience.

你们正沉浸在美妙的体验中。

And I don't want you to ever take that for granted.

我不希望你认为这是理所当然的。

20 years ago, I sat where you're at.

20年前,我坐在你现在的位置。

And actually, some of the faculty who were there then are still here today.

事实上,当时的一些教职员工今天仍然在这里。

I don't want them to take any offense to any of this.

我不想让他们觉得对这一切有任何冒犯。

And I really tried to think about this hard last night.

昨晚我真的很努力地想了想这件事。

I can not remember a single thing that I learned in text while I was here at Cushing Academy, not one thing.

我不记得我在库欣学院时从课本上学到的任何东西,完全不记得。

But I hope they have a great feeling of pride and accomplishment to understand that the life lessons that I learned at Cushing Academy,

但我希望他们能有一种自豪感和成就感,因为我在库欣学院学到了人生课程,

I carry with me every single day like you'd carry a cell phone and I use them every single day like you use Instagram.

像你们每天都带手机一样,我每天都能学到一些人生课程,当然我每天都在实践学到的东西,就像你们每天用Instagram一样。

Integrity, creativity, respect, discipline, hell even logistics.

正直,创造力,尊重,纪律,地狱甚至后勤。

You guys don't know what it's like to elect one person during study hall to go down to the food, the sub shop on the corner, give them money for 40 orders.

你们不知道在自习室里选一个人去拐角的食品店,给他们40份订单的钱是什么感觉。

Have them come back, have each of them be all right, and actually get some change.

把所有的东西都带回来,然后换些零钱。

Like that's just snap to logistics.

那些只是简单的后勤。

And even this morning, you know what?

甚至今天早上,

In a Vincent speech, I actually, I told you fine speech.

在文森特精彩的演讲中,

I shook your hand.

我和你握手了。

You can tell your whole classmates that, hey, when I got here, I messed up and you can be accountable for your actions.

你可以告诉你所有的同学,嘿,当我到这里的时候,我搞砸了,你可以为你的行为负责。

This morning, I sat in the Dean's office in one of those comfortable chairs kicked myself back on.

今天早上,我坐在院长的办公室里,坐在一张舒适的椅子上,踢了一脚,椅子后退了几步。

Yeah, this is a much better situation than I was sitting here 20 years ago getting yelled at.

现在的情况比我20年前坐在这里被骂要好多了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ywyjl/544530.html