英文演讲录 马努什·奇希拉:每一位母亲都是企业家(4)(在线收听

And so, in the local areas, they started calling it as Shakti when I would go.

我去当地的时候,他们开始称它为“Shakti”。

Because I mean, Shakti, you all know that every woman is considered as a form of Shakti and Shakti means power and to empower.

你知道的,每个女人都被认为是“Shakti”的一种形式,而“Shakti”意味着权力和赋权。

And that's how more than just a health project, it became an empowerment project for me.

这就是为什么它不仅仅是一个健康项目,它还成为了我的一个赋权项目。

I showed the project to the Miss India team.

我向印度小姐团队展示了这个项目。

They really liked it.

他们真的很喜欢。

It wasn't a project at that time. It was just an idea.

这在当时还不是一个项目,只是个想法。

I was doing awareness programs with the help of my parents.

在我父母的帮助下,我正在做提高认识的活动。

But after winning Miss India, you have something called as 'Beauty with a Purpose' at Miss World.

但是,在赢得印度小姐之后,在世界小姐那里有一种叫做“让美丽更有意义”的东西。

Beauty with a Purpose is the vision and mission of Miss World.

让美丽更有意义是世界小姐的愿景和使命。

That's what Miss World stands for.

这就是世界小姐所代表的。

It gives young girls, like me, not just me, but all 130 countries that represent at Miss World, an opportunity to bring a change in their country or in their communities.

它给了像我这样的年轻女孩一个机会,不仅是我,还有代表世界小姐的所有130个国家的女孩,一个为她们的国家或社区带来改变的机会。

And well, Miss India wanted to work on my project.

印度小姐想要参与我的项目。

So, I worked across three states in North India, more than 20 village communities and we created women entrepreneurs back in.

所以,我在印度北部的三个邦,20多个村庄社区工作过,我们在那里创造了女性企业家。

So, we encouraged women from the village to source sanitary pads from the Walmart.

因此,我们鼓励村里的妇女从沃尔玛购买卫生巾。

So, I collaborated with Walmart India and a local manufacturer of sanitary pads.

因此,我与沃尔玛印度公司和当地一家卫生巾制造商合作。

And so, these women would purchase low-cost sanitary pads and sell them in their village because more than the lack of awareness and the high cost of sanitary pads which women felt, it was the taboo that was associated with it.

这些妇女会购买低价卫生巾并在她们的村庄出售,因为除了妇女们感觉到的卫生巾缺乏和高昂的成本之外,而且还觉得是一种禁忌。

And women would feel uncomfortable to buy sanitary pads from mostly a man who's a shopkeeper.

女性购买卫生巾会感到不舒服,卫生巾的店主大多是男性。

So, that's how that was my short-term project.

所以,这就是我的短期项目。

I remember being shortlisted as a semi-finalist for Beauty with a Purpose at Miss World, which is the biggest award when you go from a Miss World competition.

我记得我入围了世界小姐半决赛,这是从世界小姐比赛中获得的最大奖项。

And I was looking at my project.

我持续关注我的项目。

Three and a half months, I travelled across those states.

三个半月后,我走遍了这些州。

It wasn't easy to go to these places.

去这些地方不容易。

I went to a village where children didn't even have clothes to wear.

我去了一个村庄,那里的孩子们甚至没有衣服穿。

So, I could imagine that if they can't afford proper clothes, how can they afford sanitary pads?

所以,我可以想象,如果他们买不起合适的衣服,他们怎么买得起卫生巾呢?

I mean, that's the kind of mentality that they have over there.

这就是他们那边的心态。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ywyjl/544551.html