纪录片《中国美食之旅》 第11期:北京篇(10)(在线收听

Cooking with Chairman Wang's brought back memories

和王董一起烹饪把我思绪带回到

of being in the kitchen of my grandmother's farm in Taiwan,

台湾我祖母农场的厨房里

where I spent my early childhood.

在那里我度过了我的童年

She passed on three years ago

三年前她过世了

and I've come to a Buddhist temple to pay my respects to her.

我来到寺庙里向她表达我的敬意

My grandparents looked after me from a very young age, from about two.

我的祖父祖母在我两岁时就照顾我

Both my parents were really busy working, trying to,

父母则忙于工作

er, make a living.

竭力谋生,抚养家庭

My memories of food actually all come from

我对食物的记忆全部都来源于

those very early years of living on that farm.

早年在农场的生活

We didn't have very much but every day was so much fun.

我们并不富裕,但每天都充满快乐

The island of Taiwan is off the south coast of China

台湾岛位于中国南部外海

and is disputed territory.

仍然充满争议

My parents left for work when I was five and we travelled first

在我五岁时父母便外出工作,我们先到达了南非

to South Africa and then England where we settled when I was 11.

接着在我11岁时定居在了英国

When I was growing up I didn't want to be Chinese,

在我成长的岁月里,我不希望自己是中国人

I wanted to be English. I wanted to be everything that was not Chinese.

我想成为英国人,我想成为任何人但非中国人

My father forced me to go to Chinese school every Sunday

父母逼我每周日去中文学校

and I had to cook Chinese food for my dad.

还要为父亲做中国菜

I resented that and I hated cooking.

我非常反感,我讨厌做饭

Erm, but only as the years have gone by

但随着岁月流逝

that, actually, that's the only Chinese part of me

事实上,我身上唯一留下的中国烙印

that remained, was the cooking bit and the food.

是烹饪和食物

Through it,I now appreciate Chinese culture

通过它,我现在欣赏中国文化

and I'm finding myself,through food,

而且我发现我自己,通过食物

and beginning to understand more of where I'm from and who I am.

开始更多的了解我来自何方,我是谁

This journey is so important because it gives me

这趟旅程很重要,因为它给予了我

a chance to really delve deeper into Chinese cooking, just to learn more.

一个机会真正更深入到中国烹饪,学习更多

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpzgmszl/548037.html