生命中的一年 第17期:华纳和环球高层会谈罗琳(在线收听

It's clear that Jo has come to the end of a massive piece of writing.

显然,乔已经到达了一部巨著写作的尽头。

She's found a kind of closure, both in her work and in her family life.

她已经做了一个结束,无论是在她的工作还是她的家庭生活。

I'm making David's birthday cake because he's 4 tomorrow.

我在给戴维做生日蛋糕,明天他4岁了。

But it's just the family tea birthday cake, because the day after that we have the party for all his friends and then he gets a shop-made Lightning McQueen, from the Disney-Pixar film with which he is obsessed.

仅仅是家里的生日茶点,之后我们会替他的朋友举办一个派对。他会得到一只商店订的迪士尼·皮克斯动画里的闪电麦昆蛋糕,他对那车子着迷。

Baking really reminds me of my mother.

烤蛋糕真的让我回想起我的母亲。

She made fantastic cakes. So that really makes me feel like I'm doing the proper motherly thing when I'm making birthday cakes.

她做的蛋糕无与伦比,所以在做生日蛋糕的时候也让我真正觉得我好像在做一件母亲该做的事。

And David really likes my cakes, particularly.

戴维很喜欢我的蛋糕,特别喜欢。

Did you grow up with the smell of baking?

你是在蛋糕的香味中长大的吗?

Yeah. My mom was a good cook but she didn't get to stretch her wings much because my father greatly mistrusted foreign food.

是的。我的妈妈厨艺精湛,但她没机会充分展示自己的才能,因为我的父亲不太相信外国食物。

But on cakes and buns and bread, she was fantastic.

但在做蛋糕、烤面包方面,她就已经超棒了。

And that was permissible so that's where she got to show her paces, as it were.

这些是被允许的,这也是她可以大显身手的时刻了。

The memory of childhood is clearly one of Jo's main themes.

童年回忆显然是乔的创作主题之一。

But now that both she and Harry Potter have families has she lost her principle inspiration?

但现在她和哈利·波特都有了家庭,她失去了创作的灵感来源了吗?

I'm happier now than I've ever been in my life.

我人生中从没像现在这么幸福过。

I'm happier now than I was as a child, teenager, young adult.

我比我的童年、少年和青年时代都幸福。

No, I think middle age is probably gonna be my time.

不,我想我的中年可能才是我的黄金时段。

If her life and her writing have been some kind of struggle for completion and she's now found it, what, if anything, is she going to do next?

如果说她的生命和写作是为终点而挣扎,现在她跑到了终点,如果还有,什么是她接下去要做的?

Has she written her last book?

她决定封笔了吗?

The Caledonian Hotel, Edinburgh.

苏格兰酒店,爱丁堡。

The top brass of both Warner Bros. and Universal Studios have flown over for a meeting with J.K. Rowling.

华纳兄弟和环球影城的高层,他们远道而来与J.K.罗琳会谈。

Hollywood comes to her. She doesn't need to go to Hollywood.

好莱坞来找她,她不需要去找好莱坞。

They're discussing the building of a massive 20-acre Harry Potter theme park in Florida and are seeking her approval.

他们正在讨论建立佛罗里达州20英亩的哈利·波特主题公园,他们正在寻求她的认可。

You know what? Sitting in a room full of people who are trying to impress you that's when I feel I'm at my most fraudulent.

你知道吗?坐在一间屋子里,满屋子的人都试着想让你留下好印象,那是我觉得我最虚伪的时候。

Because I feel like I'm 13, and they're all grown-ups.

因为我感觉自己像13岁,而他们都是大人们。

And I cover that up quite well, but I just... I often think, "Why are you all looking at me for?"

我遮掩的还不错,而我只是……我总在想“你们为什么都看着我?”

Because for years, I was the least important person in the room and I was doodling when I should've been taking minutes and actually writing Harry Potter stories.

因为多年来我是这屋子里最无名的小卒,我那时正在涂涂写写、分秒必争地赶着写哈利·波特的故事。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpjkll/550735.html