福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第5集Lesser Evils(9)(在线收听

 

Quite informative running into your former friend, Carrie.

你那个叫凯莉的朋友给我提供了不少信息

You'd allowed me to assume you were no longer你让我以为你已经permitted to practice medicine.

被禁止从医了

I'm not. I let my license expire.

没错啊,我的执照过期了

But that was your choice.

不过那是你的选择

I hadn't realized

我无法想象

quite how traumatic it must have been, losing your patient.

失手害死病人会是多么得令人痛苦

It's no small thing, walking away from a career放弃一份需要12年训练的职业requiring 12 years of training.

可不是小事

It's pretty hard to be a surgeon when you freeze up每次别人给你递来解剖刀时,你就呆住every time someone hands you a scalpel.

那当个外科医生也挺难的

I just didn't trust myself anymore.

我只是无法再信任自己

What can I do for you folks?

需要点什么

Help us return this to its rightful owner.

帮我们找到失主

I give out my number a lot.

我经常把我的号码给别人

Got to be in it to win it, you know?

不入虎穴,焉得虎子,对吧

Speaking of which, can I interest you

话说回来,有兴趣喝一杯

in a complimentary chai?

迎客茶吗

No, thanks.

不了,谢谢

The receipt indicates she was here 8:35 am,

收据上写着她早上8点35分来过这里

wearing deep red lipstick.

涂着深红色的口红

Oh, yeah, the blonde.

对了,是那个金发女郎

Cleavage, tight white skirt, heels.

露着乳沟,穿着紧身白色短裙和高跟鞋

And her perfume.

还有她的香水

 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/552019.html