巴斯克威尔的猎犬 三条断了的线索(13)(在线收听

 

"First of all your name and address, in case I want you again."“首先, 我要问你的姓名和地址, 以后需要的时候我好再去找你。”

"John Clayton, 3 Turpey Street, the Borough. My cab is out of Shipley's Yard, near WaterlooStation."

“约翰· 克雷屯, 住在镇上特皮街3 号; 我的车是由滑铁卢车站附近的希波利车场租来的。 ”

Sherlock Holmes made a note of it.

歇洛克· 福尔摩斯将这些记了下来。

"Now, Clayton, tell me all about the fare who came and watched this house at ten o'clock thismorning and afterwards followed the two gentlemen down Regent Street."“现在, 克雷屯, 请你把今晨来监视这所房子而后来又在摄政街尾随两位绅士的那个乘客的情况告诉我吧。”

The man looked surprised and a little embarrassed. "Why there's no good my telling youthings, for you seem to know as much as I do already," said he. "The truth is that the gentlemantold me that he was a detective and that I was to say nothing about him to anyone."看样子那人吃了一惊, 并且还有点不知所措了。“呃, 这件事似乎用不着我再告诉您了,因为看来您知道的和我一样多,” 他说,“事实是这样的, 那位绅士曾经和我说, 他是个侦探,并且说关于他的事不许对任何人讲。”

"My good fellow; this is a very serious business, and you may find yourself in a pretty badposition if you try to hide anything from me. You say that your fare told you that he was adetective?"

“老弟, 这是一件很严重的事呢, 如果你想对我隐瞒任何东西, 你就要倒霉了。 你说你的乘客曾告诉你他是个侦探吗? ”

"Yes, he did."

“是的, 他是这样说的。”

"When did he say this?"

“他什么时候说的呢? ”

"When he left me."

“在他离开我的时候。”

"Did he say anything more?"

“他还说过什么别的吗? ”

"He mentioned his name."

“他提到了他的姓名。”

Holmes cast a swift glance of triumph at me. "Oh, he mentioned his name, did he? That wasimprudent. What was the name that he mentioned?"福尔摩斯以胜利的眼神迅速地瞟了我一眼。“噢, 他提到了他的姓名, 是吗? 那可真够冒失的。 他说他叫什么名字啊? ”

"His name," said the cabman, "was Mr. Sherlock Holmes."“他的姓名, ” 车夫说, “是歇洛克· 福尔摩斯, 先生。”

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/553136.html