福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第10集 The Leviathan(24)(在线收听

我知道你对此不以为然

I know you're gonna blow this off,

但我还是要说 谢谢

but I'm gonna say it anyway: thank you.

我从没能让家人理解我的工作

I've never been able to make my family understand what I do.

我的话其实没什么用

Yes, well, I meant very little of what I said.

"不以为然"开始了

There's the blowing-off part.

我了解我的听众

I know my audience.

我只是说了他们想听的话

I simply told them what they wanted to hear.

你的家人都是好人

They're nice people, your family,

但他们的传统根深蒂固

but they are, at their core, conventional.

你努力表现得传统

You make an effort to appear conventional,

但我知道 华生 你和我一样热爱

but I know, Watson, you share my love of all that is bizarre

那些打破常规和离经叛道的事

and outside the humdrum routine of ordinary life.

你的家人永远不会理解这些

Your family will never understand this,

所以我说了些他们能理解的话

so I gave them some words that they would understand.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/555355.html