《大西洋帝国》精讲 第一季第1集(15)(在线收听

Nucky Thompson is here.

努克·汤普森来了

Mr. Thompson, what an honor.

汤普森先生,我们可真荣幸

He was a good man. My deepest condolences.

他是个好人,我致以最深切的哀悼

I hadn't even realized you knew my husband.

我都不知道您跟我丈夫认识

Oh, of course. He was a fine fellow.

我们认识,他是个好人

Just last month we spoke.

上个月我们还交谈过

But the laryngectomy.

可他做过喉头切除手术

Fellas, meet the missus.

各位,来见见这位女士

She ain't much on personality,

虽然她个性不怎么鲜明

But she don't talk back none neither.

但至少也不会顶嘴

What's the matter, kid, never seen a stiff before?

小子你怎么了,没见过死人吗

I've seen a couple.

见多了

I'm short on time, Mickey.

米奇,我没时间陪你耗了

What'd you want to show me?

你想给我看什么

So much for the niceties.

细致的工作到此为止

My factory, gentlemen.

各位,这是我的工厂

Quite an operation. 10 shiners,

规模挺大的, 十个熟练工

two shifts, 24 hours a day

两班轮换,全天候运作

Gotta figure we're puttin' out close to 2,000 crates a week.

估计每周能生产2,000箱酒

And that's just for starters.

这还只是刚起步的数量

None of this is legit? Not once they get through with it.

都不是纯酒吗, 加工完就不是了

One part real, eight parts water.

一份纯酒兑八份水

You heat it up, let it cool

加热后等冷却

then add your alcohol to bring up your proof.

再放点酒精提高酒精度

Where do you get your alcohol? Potatoes.

哪来的酒精, 用土豆发酵

You let 'em ferment. It smell's rough,

发酵后味道还很苦

But compared to a stiff, it's fuckin' lilacs.

但跟尸臭比起来可算是花香了

After you add the alcohol,

酒精加进去后

You throw in your caramel coloring, your oil of rye,

再放点焦糖色素,就成了黑麦酒

Bourbon depending what you want.

波旁酒什么的,看你需要了

You can make scotch too? Naturally.

有苏格兰威士忌吗, 当然有

You just gotta add some carbonyl though for the bead.

放点羰基化合物让酒起泡就是了

What's that? The bubbles.

那是什么, 气泡

Higher the proof,

要增色

more bead it's supposed to have.

就要制造多点气泡

Go on, bottoms up.

来吧,干了

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dxydgjj/555981.html